Crushed my beardie's head..

Status
Not open for further replies.

I accidently crushed my baby beardie's head with my elbow while changing the newspaper and I do not know what to do, anyone can help me please say something.. I am not sure about her age but she is only about 6 inches long including the tail.. Now her eyes are bulging and wont go down, I think one of them's damaged and inside her mouth is bleeding. When I pick her up she still moves but her eyes won't open.. I really need help..

Original Poster
Really no one can help me? I am desperate for help for her..and I doubt there would be ant vets where I come from for her..

DaddyGeek

Juvie Member
8481":zj95mhsu said:
Really no one can help me? I am desperate for help for her..and I doubt there would be ant vets where I come from for her..

I would love to give you advice but I don't know what to say to that problem. Here's a free bump to try and get some more help for you. The only thing I can suggest is a vet. If it broke any bones or something like that you need a vet. I'd get online and search the closest one you can find. I hope everything works out.

Original Poster
I don't think her skull was crushed, but there seems to be something going on with her eyes, they won't unbulge and they're always closed. It's 1am now and I', not old enough to drive anyway..my parents definately won't send me to one now cause tomorrow is a school day.

Original Poster
Okay she opened them up abit now, but they look swollen and watery. Gah I feel horrible.

Original Poster
It's 1.45am now, I'll head on to bed..I hope overnight after school tomorrow someone would have come up with a sloution, I apologize for triple posting..I am new to this forum..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this morning?
How much weight of your elbow came down on her head? Do you have a picture that you could show us also of her to help give us an idea of the situation better?
It would be a good idea, if she is that critical, to try to find a vet to take her to just to make sure nothing is broken. Is she alert at all?

Tracie

Original Poster
She is very alert when I pick her up, moving as usual, it's only her eyes that are bothering me now, the fluid that came out had a little blood in it cause it was reddish.. I can't provide pictures now cause I do not have a camera with me..

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
There are too many stories like this. People should be more careful when they have a baby beardie outside. As beardies are not cats.

Posted by moderator so that everyone realizes, this was an accident. The owner was cleaning his cage when this occurred, it didn't happen outside.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
Atrax":33bei7bh said:
There are too many stories like this. People should be more careful when they have a baby beardie outside. As beardies are not cats.
dude be nice it was an accident. im so sorry for your loss but remember it wasnt your fault it was an accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom