Critter condo set-up for juvi

Status
Not open for further replies.

YATES

I have a 4x2x18 critter condo with a 24 inch reptisun 10.0 with a reflector and a reptile basking bulb for heat and extra UVA, with newspaper for substrate.
I think this height will not accomodate a mvb. What's the best setup for my beardy?

1. My current setup
or
2. Mvb ( if possible in 18 inch height) with 36 inch fluroscent tube(non-UVB) for light.
Any advice please!
Or
3. ???? Ideas??????
Thank you!! Isaac

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I'd say stick with your present light set up...if you were to go MVB you may find that in a condo it's to warm depending on your climate and ambient house temps. Also the MVB must be about 14 inches from basking spot which means you wouldn't have much to work with for a basking spot.

YATES

Original Poster
Thanks- Do you think a 24 inch reptisun 10.0 is sufficient (that is what I have currently) or should I get a 36 inch instead (4x2x18 cage)? I do have a reflector that has been shown to almost double UVB levels. I am going to mount the UVB fixture right next to the light bulb for heat. Does this sound correct? Then my beardie could go to cool side to eat salad and get away from intense heat/UVB. Suggestions? He is still pretty stressed and lazy due to new cage. But I got the temps perfect! 80 cool side, 110 basking spot.

YATES

Original Poster
Current cage/ setup
IMG_0632.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I posted my suggestion in your intro thread sorry I guess I should have posted it here. :oops:
A 36" would be better it should be as close to the length of the enclosure as possible. An yes you are correct you want the uvb and basking bulb to overlap so while basking he's getting both. :wink:

You may want/need to come down about 5* on both sides if possible. As they/beardies begin to get bigger/older they don't normally like the higher temps like babies do. My sub-adults like it about 105* on basking spot and my adults don't like it any higher than 102*. You will have to observe his basking behavior to discover the temp he prefers to bask at keeping it within the range of 95*(temp required for digestion) and 110* (highest it should ever be to be on safe side.) :)

Love Romeo's peice of wood. :wink:

YATES

Original Poster
I moved the UVB with an added reflector, and placed slate tile pieces for substrate. He seems a lot happier, but he is still pretty lazy( still adjusting to the new cage I hope). He has been eating 3-6 medium sized dubias, sometimes an adult male or two. I always feel like I'm doing something wrong but I think I just need to leave him alone and let him adjust to the new surrondings. It is frustrating that my brother has a beardie who isn't as well taken are of as mine but he will run over and eat salad out of your hand!!! My beardie is SOOOOO lazy it seems I have to trick him into eating sometimes. VERY ANNONYING!! I worry despite his always being white bellied and relaxed he could be sick. Or maybe he is annoyed because I stare at him and move his things around too much!!
Heres the new and hopefully final cage set-up----- What do you think???
IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

YATES

Original Poster
Carlos- I got my beardie, critter condo and reflector all from Livingston lizard lounge. The owner is Joshua and he sells the reflectors for 18 inch bulbs for $15 I beleive. Very helpful dude.

BayAreaReptiles

Hatchling Member
YATES":qng691xs said:
Carlos- I got my beardie, critter condo and reflector all from Livingston lizard lounge. The owner is Joshua and he sells the reflectors for 18 inch bulbs for $15 I beleive. Very helpful dude.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom