Critique my Iron Chef salad-making skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I have been considering making up a batch of salad and freezing it in an ice-cube tray to make preparation easier on me and my beardie (Garrus, 6-month old male). I know I'll have to add thiamine back after it is thawed, and that is no issue. Has anyone had experience doing this for their beardies? Did you notice a change in appetite/feeding behavior between fresh and thawed greens?

Next question. How does this look for a salad mixture?
--Mustard greens
--Collard greens
--Butternut squash
--Prickly pear
--Chayote squash
--Mango (occasional topping)

Final question. Does anyone have experience feeding alfalfa hay to their beardie? I know people who recommend adding soaked rabbit chow pellets to the top of the salad, and rabbit chow is mostly alfalfa/timothy hay-based. I have dehydrated alfalfa meal pellets at home (the horse eats them). I am considering soaking the alfalfa pellets in water (turning it into a fluffy, moist mash) and mixing it in with the rest of the chopped greens. I like it because it is high in protein and calcium, but am unsure as to whether a bearded dragon could adequately digest forage of that type.

Cheers!
Liz and Garrus

keen77

Hatchling Member
greens get nasty and whilt if you freeze them, best way I've found is to put them in a ziploc with paper towel around them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom