Crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i work quite a bit and have to feed my new beardie 2x a day once early morning like 7:30am CST and about 8:30pm CST. I put the shake and baked crickets with the calcium in and the meal worms about those times and later at night chop up some veggies and put em in there. I guess my question is. Is it ok to leave the crickets and meal worms in there during the day and take em out before i go to bed? He/she generally eats them all but occasionally leaves 1 or 2 im guessing for a snack throughout the day.

Momomo

Hatchling Member
I thinks it's ok to leave them in there during the day. What time do you turn your dragon's lights off?

One important thing: you should leave fresh veggies in the cage all day.

packersfan72988

Original Poster
well i turn the UVB light off at around 10:30 or 11pm CST and i leave the red heat lamp on at night thats what the guy at the pet shop told me to do im really not sure on the whole lighting situation if i should completely turn off the lights or what?

Momomo

Hatchling Member
you should get rid of the red heat lamp all together. Pet store advice is often wrong. Instead you need a clear basking bulb, that should be on for 12-14 hours a day along with the UVB. It should be completely dark at night. Here is a lighting thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=148006

packersfan72988

Original Poster
ok well my place it gets chilly at night and i dont want to freeze him out like last night was about 35 degrees and this next week is supposed to be chilly as well so what would you suggest?

XiDiS

Juvie Member
Usually you wanna dust 1 meal a day for 5 days with calcium. The other 2 days you wanna use a multi-vitamin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom