crickets vs phoenix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesuezee

I am thinking of switching Kingsleys live diet from crickets to worms. He is about 8 months old and will eat 10-15 crickets in the morning along with his veggies. How many worms should I expect him to eat in a day? I think cost wise they will be more efficient and I have read they are much better for them. Thanks for your help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I suggest using a combination. The more variety you can provide the better. Offer crickets and maybe roaches as a staple but also add in some phoenix worms and some silk worms on rotation as secondary feeders and treats. The amount you feed will vary but keep in mind phoenix worms are very small so he can probably tear through quite a few of them in one sitting. Sometimes they can be difficult to digest if they aren't chewed properly so offer them slowly and see if they come out whole or not.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If you can source silkworms , he'll love medium sized (2 inch long) silkworms as a substitute for some of his crickets .

At the same age I was giving Peppa and Toothless a feed of live gut loaded crickets in the am , and then most afternoons when I had suitable sized silkworms handy, I was giving silkworms instead of crickets in the pm with their greens and salad , this worked very well.

You could do something similar with BSF maggots IF THEY ARE BIG ENOUGH to interest him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom