Crickets too small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kessed

Hatchling Member
So... After my last order of crickets that grew up too fast, I ordered 500 1/4" ones. They are TINY!!!!

I just gave my beardie some and she is completely ignoring them. It's like she doesn't see them, or maybe she doesn't want to see them?

Any ideas?

Zaxtor99

Hatchling Member
Yes 1/4" crickets in a big tank might be too small for even a young bearded dragon.

Think of it like this.. Would you rather work twice as hard for a 50 cent payoff or work half as hard to get a $5 payoff? Those tiny little 1/4" crickets are not only harder to see, but probably much faster too! I'd be ordering 1/2" crickets for a baby beardie, and 3/4" and 1" sized as the beardie gets older myself.

Since you have so many of them tho, you might try putting her in a smaller 'feeding' container such as a 5 gallon tank or so just to feed. Make sure nothing else is in there the crickets can hide under either, as this should help her catch them and make it not nearly as much work for your beardie to feed.

Hope that helps!

- Zaxx

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will try a feeding bin again.

Right now I get some in one of those little clear plastic cups and then I tip it towards her. Hopefully these ones grow as fast as the other batch did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom