crickets dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillahine

I just got my little beardie about 4 days ago and my crickets just keep dying. I can get her to eat the dead ones id i drop them down in front of her but not always. I have been in the petstore every day to get morelive ones and its starting to get old fast( especially with 3 younger kids). Anyways is there something im missing? I try to keep them in a dark place and use the food and keeper they suggested at the pet store. Should i be putting something else in there like the egg carton that are in the bags when i buy them? Lol i thought the reptile would be hard to take care if but these damn crickets are killing me.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's not a good idea to feed the dead crickets because something made them die prematurely so you don't want to take any chances of them making your beardie sick. Unfortunately, petstore crickets aren't taken care of very well and most of them don't clean out the cricket bins when new crickets arrive, just keep dumping the new ones in with the old and even the dead ones. It would be much cheaper and safer for you to order your feeders online. Let us know if you want any links to some sites.

Are you feeding the crickets gutload? Are you giving them water crystals along with greens and carrots? They do like to hide in egg crates so would be a good idea to use them.

Moved here from General Discussion forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom