Cricket shaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostrommaysi

Hatchling Member
I noticed one of my crickets was shaking around. I was curious if any of you knew why they do this. I managed to catch it in video:

CLICK HERE

It appears to me either he can't control his balance while chirping or he enjoys the sound so much hes dancing. Sorry if its shaky I'm not known for my steady hands

Rukii

Juvie Member
I've seen a bunch of my crickets do it. Not sure why they do it. All I know is it's fun to watch :p

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
It's because he knows a lady's watching!

When a female stops to listen, the male changes his song from "chirp chirp chirp" to a trilling, rolling "chrrrrrrrr rrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr...." With an occasional "cheep", like a hiccough. It's a soft, whispered, almost romantic tune, and he sways in time.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
LilStinkpot":11yjruug said:

When a female stops to listen, the male changes his song from "chirp chirp chirp" to a trilling, rolling "chrrrrrrrr rrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr...." With an occasional "cheep", like a hiccough. It's a soft, whispered, almost romantic tune, and he sways in time.

Interesting. The trilling is actually more annoying to me, lol. Guess it's a good thing I wasn't born a cricket, cuz cricket-men sure would have trouble picking me up with that.

Ostrommaysi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LilStinkpot":1jjcovw8 said:

Aww I see! Shakin his money maker. I guess the rest of the crickets don't really care about mating, they seem content to sitting there and making noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom