cricket alternatives for juvie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb1234

We've had our Beardie for 3 wks, from petco/petsmart, no idea of his age but he's approx 8". He's doing well, eating 15-30 small crickets twice a day with some greens a bit here and there. every other day trips to get crickets are getting duanting. I tried buying bulk online but figure half of them died within a week. Can I feed him repti/pheonix worms in lieu of crickets altogether(provided he'll eat them)? The crickets seem to be higher maintenance than our Beardie???

rutro123

my beardie is about 7.5 inches and just introduced pheonix worms 3 days ago. i went with the small ones which were way to small. he absolutely loved them!!! my buddy had some larges which are borderline in size to feed him but he loves the new addition. i still do provide crickets as well though. at the same time i am trying to start my own dubia roach colony for the future bc the cricket burden is affecting my the same way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom