Criagslist Rescue - Sienna's progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks all for the kind words! :)

destiny1998":b0hf8b2b said:
I'm so glad she is doing well. Hopefully the removal of the bump goes well. So her skin issue will be like that permanently? Poor thing. She's a trooper :)

She is SO a trooper! I'm really not sure if her skin will be like this forever. It might get a little better after some sheds, but the damage around her eyes has been done. Short of cosmetic surgery, that will always be deformed. The happy thing is it doesn't impede her ability to close her eyes or anything. After we get the biopsy done, we can determine what the lump was and if there might be anything else wrong. I'm hoping that it's just tissue and not anything really bad.

Her lab results for the fecal came back positive for pin worms so I have to go pick up some medicine from the vet today. And I'll be changing out her flooring out today as well and picking up a few crickets to tie her over until next weeks feeders come in. The lil princess is getting 5 star treatment. :)

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's doing well! Miss fussy has decided that superworms and roaches are the only things she likes to eat. Won't touch her greens now and the hornworms and silk worms she just sort of looks at. I have to trick her to eating them by coiling a superworm against them.

She's been taking her Pancur for the pinworms and the calcium meds pretty easily. Generally I just shoot them into her mouth when she's gapping (she'll swallow it down quickly). One thing I've noticed is that when she goes after her food, there is this brownish fluid that gets ejected from her mouth, like large quantities of saliva. Not sure what is up with that and if it persists I might need to ask the vet.

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Not since my post talking about it. Which is good but well see if the trend of clean sticks.

So yesterday I was giving Sienna a bath and she was really mobile; swimming around, splashing water on her sides, being utterly cute. She finally pooped in the bathtub but her stool still looks really mushy even though she's undergone a full five day treatment of Pancur. Even though she was done pooping, she was still straining herself like she had more in there. After a while, she just stopped but she crashed hard after her bath time. I scooped her out, tried to give her food but she ignored it, so I plucked the superworms out and let her be. The rest of the night she just sort of zonked in a corner.

This morning, I was on the computer doing some things and just happened to look at her cage to see her straining again. For a minute I was a little panicked thinking she had some obstruction that was desperately trying to push out. After a few seconds she relaxed again so I resumed my work, but the next time I looked back she had pushed out this: http://imgur.com/7BusW1p

I'm pretty sure it's a really under-formed egg. After putting on some latex gloves, I sort of pushed it around and it was fairly firm so I think that's what it is. I had to clean up quick because there was a pot luck I was attending and had to leave right away, so I was nervous that when I returned there might be more. But it seems like that was all she had inside her. I have no idea how long they can retain an egg without it obstructing or even calcifying in them... anyway, she seems to be a lot more alert right now. Parts of her face have loose skin so she will be undergoing some shedding soon!

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's at the vet right now but won't be in for her surgery for another hour or so. I should get a progress report within a few hours. I'll post soon!

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So here's what happened: Sienna went in for the lump removal this morning. Once the vet removed it from her, she did another exam after she picked her up and could feel several lumps in side her. Most of them were rather small but there was one larger mass that she knew Sienna could never pass. She suspected that she had a few eggs inside of her and they needed to come out else wise Sienna's health was at risk. The vet also suggested that I spay her because her health isn't the strongest and her body needs to replenish calcium for her bones and not any further eggs. So after giving approval to go ahead and remove the eggs and spay, the vet does so.

She did another follow up call to let me know Sienna is doing fine! :) She wanted to keep her at the clinic for the bulk of the day in order to monitor her but I will be picking her up in about 45 minutes. She'll be on painkillers and antibiotics for a few days. :blob8:

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She'll feel sooo much better once she's healed up! Tonight she's been out of it and it was rough trying to administer her medication.

So when I went to pick her up, I had a little more information given to me. Apparently the eggs ranged in age. Some of them had burst open and had leaked all over, some were free floating in her abdomen, some were actually attached to some organs. She was a mess internally. :( All of the techs, right when I came in, were telling me "Yeah she had some massive problems going on in her!" I knew she was okay though. So when the vet came out, she brought with her a large baggie filled with eggs she found.

Gross pic ahoy: http://imgur.com/11p0f9F
Those yellow parts were the ones that were free floating in her body. The vet says they have the consistency of hard yolk. The darker mass that is kind of hard to see is what was trapped inside her. But she was just stuffed with eggs. :/

Anyway, she's home now and just crashing in her viv. I plan to keep it very empty until she starts feeling better. Probably in about a week or two. Here's a pic of her with the lump removed.

Here's a pic of her minus all those eggs in her belly. She looks much skinnier now!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I can't believe her poor little body held all that stuff. I'm so glad the vet got it out! I wish Sienna a speedy recovery. I shudder to think what would have happened to her had you not rescued her.

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know, my jaw just about hit the floor when she showed me that baggie. Needless to say, I'm glad we opted to have get those removed too! If she started to produce more eggs, she most definitely would have died.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Oh no! Poor Sienna! I wonder how long she has had those in her. :( I feel so bad, but good that the vet was able to get them out! Poor baby. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom