Crested Gecko Food for Bearded Dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! My bearded dragon actually recently took an interest in my Crested Gecko's food when I was curious to see if he would eat it. Turns out he does, and loves it! Naturally, I would only give it to him as a treat, maybe once a couple weeks or when I'm trying to train him, but I was wondering if theres any consequences to this, or if it is safe to ingest for Bearded Dragons?

My guy is full grown, about a year and a half at 24 inches so he eats mostly veggies and fruit anyways. The kind of CGD I have is the Repashy with Mango, I believe.

Thanks a bunch!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Got news for you - an 18 month old beardie is not yet FULLY GROWN or fully matured. My observation is they continue to grow until they are 2 yrs old.

Not familiar with crested gecko husbandry, but if they are omnivorous, should be OK to offer occasionally.

I have much the same food for my beardies and bluetongue skinks and a resident wild water skink who has taken up residence inside my house.
Only differences are food sizes and the bts love snails as treat as well as banana and soft boiled eggs as treats . The water skink is only tiny cf my dragons and bts, maybe only 30g cf 415g, 542g , 650g for the 3 beardies Toothless , Peppa and Rex , and 680g and 700g for George and Mildred my bts .
all 3 species are insectivore-omnivore , loving live insects , greens, berries, and green veg. So easy to cater for wrt food.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's fine as a treat but like with anything be sure he doesn't begin to spurn the good veggies for the CGD. There's a bit more sugar in it than is really good for a beardie.

At 24" you have a biiiiiiig boy. :) Like was mentioned, some dragons can take up to 2 years to reach full size , but your boy is technically full grown. He may get chubbier but it sounds like you give him a good diet that will prevent that. Can you post a few pics of him ? Here's how:
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then hit XIMG

MartiSutton

Original Poster
Awesome! I was really just planning to use it as an incentive to train him to do certain tricks... I'm having fun seeing how far his ability to follow signs goes, and since he seems to like the CGD, it would make a good treat for him. He loves his collard greens and occasional Dubia as well, so overall he's just a pretty hungry guy.

Here he is, I've noticed he gets a little bit chubbier over the winter because I take him outside less but he's still beautiful!

84976-7607500632.jpg
84976-6503623738.jpg
84976-742059970.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He IS a beautiful boy, well proportioned and just the right body mass. I really love the last pic, looks like a prize winner. :)

MartiSutton

Original Poster
Thank you so much for all of you help! I super duper appreciate it :D :D :D

(My beardie is blushing right now :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom