creepy bugs in cricket bin (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillahine

I noticed a few little bugs in my bd tank after shaking an egg carton of crickets in there. The first ones were really small and looked like a a millapede. Than today i was cleaning out the dead crickets and saw a bunch of bugs in there sizeing from a pinhead to about 1/4 inch long some were probably bigger. They look like fuzzy little caterpillers. I can deal with the crickets, roaches pheonex worms and superworms but not these things they are just gross. Maybe someone knows what they are and if the could harm my dragon or feedes iwould for him to eat one and get sick. Sorry about the pic i couodnt get the pic to show up from my tablet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32244896@N04/8483651664/

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those are the larval stage of the Dermestid beetle. Those are put in the cricket box to eat the skin sheds of the crickets. They are not harmful if eaten [ beardies love them ] but they eat nasty stuff so you may not want to purposely feed them to your dragon. They turn into a beetle and can fly !

lillahine

Original Poster
AHBD":3c54x2bh said:
Those are the larval stage of the Dermestid beetle. Those are put in the cricket box to eat the skin sheds of the crickets. They are not harmful if eaten [ beardies love them ] but they eat nasty stuff so you may not want to purposely feed them to your dragon. They turn into a beetle and can fly !

Thats what i was thinking since they came from the place i got the crickets. They are just gross and are more of pests it seems like we started with a few than endednup with a 150

casper31

Hatchling Member
Yeah...be careful with them getting lose or keeping them in the bin along with the crickets. I live in Az & we had to keep the cricket bins in the house during the summer. Obviously my son didn't take me seriously about them. I still have beatles flying around my house from time to time. Ive become an expert at catch & release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom