Crazy Weather- Beardie, Cowboy, and Picante's Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd make a little thread for my gang, so I don't have to go hijacking everyone else's threads like the proud dragon mommy I am. :twisted: So, here we go!

We live down in TX, where the temperatures are in the 50's right now (hence the title). We have a family of three- Beardie the lazy, Cowboy the docile, and Picante, the baby girl.

Beardie is the fat boy of the family. You know, the dragon that loves to bask and eat more than anything. He was my first, and he's really not too lazy- he just would rather sit with both eyes closed. Honestly, sometimes I can get on his nerves. He does love to get out, though. I've had him ever since he was around 7 inches, and the love affair with has only grown! He is a Red/Gold from Sandfire Dragon Ranch, about 17 1/2 inches and 7 years old.

Winner of many nicknames, including "Beard," Beard Boy," "Mr. Grumpy," and "Beard-O."

IMG_4596.jpg

His grumpy face...
IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4597.jpg

When he hasn't had his coffee yet.
IMG_4593.jpg

Cowboy is the labrador of the family, what a typical bearded dragon is supposed to be like. No matter who you are, Cowb will at least tolerate you. He's fine with everything, will never (well, almost never) give anyone the stink eye, and loves being out of his terrarium. Cowby will also try to eat ANYTHING- cloth, hair, salad, insects, carpet, you name it. I got him when he was an adult at a specialty herp store that bred him, and I suppose he would be about... 5 years old now? He's also the giant of the family, at 21 inches and about 407 g. What a sweetie! :D

He is a normal X citrus.

Cowboysill.jpg

*Note- this picture was when his background came down. It has been fixed!
IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4545.jpg

This is my favorite of him :lol: Aren't dragons great?
IMG_4560.jpg

The newest little girl is Picante, my little leatherback. It's been so long since I had a baby, I had forgotten what one was like- cute, silly, and growing like a weed! She is simply the best, and she eats everything, even her salad! She is quite high-energy, but is content to sit and bask. Still a little skittish, but we're working on that! She is from Atlanta Bearded Dragons and is only 9.5 inches long.

The obligatory hand shot.
IMG_4551.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

First time eating dubia! I couldn't get a good picture with her jumping around and eating them so quickly. She was popping them like popcorn! :lol: I'm glad she enjoyed them, but I wanted a good picture...
IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4536.jpg

This one shows off her colors so well. She is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen, even when her head is in shed :D
IMG_4609.jpg

Dragons of the Deep

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Picante has undergone a torso-type shed, and for a few uncomfortable days she was reminiscent of a peeling onion. A feisty, hyperactive onion at that. I don't have any new pics of her, but she looks amazing! Neon red, lime-green, honeycomb sidebars, and that smooth leather skin... ohh, I think I'm in love!! :D

Her appetite is going to bankrupt me, as I've just had to order some more roaches. She is eating about 30 good-sized nymphs a day along with her salad.

Beardie is slowly but surely re-learning to hunt. He used to be so babied, he wouldn't even eat salad or his commercial food unless I held it just so and let moisture wet his lips. We have progressed from eating crickets from a cup to *mildly* chasing them into a corner in the viv. He really does seem to have renewed interest in his food. Meanwhile, Cowboy has been ignoring easy catches of crickets and wedging himself into corners. Aiyah.

Cowb tolerating his bathtime and plotting the best time to get a shot at pooping on the carpet.

DSC00008.jpg

My king!

DSC00010.jpg

Beardie, showing the muted side to his usually vibrant colors.

DSC00015.jpg

And away we go!!

DSC00013.jpg

The dogs would like to hijack this thread for a moment.

Shiner, our mutt. :D It's true that rescues are twice as grateful! He's 1/2 Great Dane, 1/8 Afghan Hound, 1/8 Yorkie, 1/8 Siberian Husky, 1/8 Bull Terrier, and 100% loveable.

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

Here's Butter at the dog park. Submissive little thing, she goes just to get petted!

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

She may not look it here, but she enjoys the attention very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom