crazy glass dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESTIRADO

my 10 month old male is running around tank scratching @ glass trying to get out constantly, i dont know what problem is.Basking temp is 110, uvb is 20 w coil both r 10 inches away. he also is eating very little greens, dandelion greens etc. im concerned that someting is wrong any suggestions

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Coil bulbs are not good you want a repti-SUN 10.0 flouresent strip.Shut the light off
Lower temps to 105....bulb on line pet mountain.com $25.00...

Sadona

Juvie Member
Ditto on what Malibusmom said - lower the temp to about 100-105 and replace the coil to a UVB Reptisiun 10.0 tube, they are pretty cheap online.
Did your dragon poop at all? Most dragons seem to have an aversion to their own poo. As for UVB, your dragon can go without it for a few days. Take em outside to bask in the natural sunlight for UVB.

jbbets

I was coming on here looking for the same answer to the situation. My beardie is all over the place throughout half the day. I thought that maybe it was because of the rock and bush picture backdrop I placed on the back of his tank for decoration.
I too have a coil bulb, going to petmountain.com right now to change that one out for sure! But does anyone really have an idea why they "glass dance" so much, I worry about my boy too!

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
My girl does it mostly right after I put her back in her enclosure after letting her run around my room... I think she just doesn't like being contained. She'll also glass dance when she knows she's getting roaches but that seems more like she's just trying to get at the bugs than she is glass dancing.

ESTIRADO

Original Poster
ESTIRADO":1wk4g7oj said:
my 10 month old male is running around tank scratching @ glass trying to get out constantly, i dont know what problem is.Basking temp is 110, uvb is 20 w coil both r 10 inches away. he also is eating very little greens, dandelion greens etc. im concerned that someting is wrong any suggestions

THANK YOU 4 advice on uvlight, it is ordered and will b here thurs. Until then im gonna put IVAN DRAGO outside 4 uvb a couple hours each day. When he was outside today he showed of his black beard and pancaked his body, then opened his mouth @ me, and took off for a apple tree in my backyard, but I beat him before he got too high. Funny lil guy, i really hope this should solve this problem he seems to be a lil more chill now that ive turned off coil uvb and hasnt done any glass dancing. So thank you once again and i will post progress for IVAN in the not so distant future

d{^_^}b

I have the same thing with my new baby as trogdorpheous, Pandora being almost 2 inches long. after i put her back from feeding or getting into trouble running around my room. she gets back on her basking tree and basically stands up and claws the glass while her 2 back legs are supporting her on the basking tree... if she wants out it kind of breaks my heart, but she needs to go back for the light- i can only play with her so long to keep her healthy

Renne

My beardie never really did the glass dance. I saw one doing it at the pet store though and I really wanted to take it home. It was the only active beardie in the tank.

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
There's no need to take him outside for UVB if it's gonna be there in a few days... They'll be fine without it for short periods of time. But natural sunlight certainly doesn't hurt anything (just the opposite), just that it is not absolutely necessary.

ClydesGirl

Sub-Adult Member
Mine glass dances a lot when he's about to/is shedding. He just acts like a complete psycho all around when his head is shedding.

I don't think that there is anything especially wrong with glass dancing...I could be wrong but it kind of depends on your dragon...mine will do it right before he poops...or sometimes if he can see his reflection in the glass so he reacts to that...I think as long as they aren't damaging themselves they should be fine.

AussieOutlaw

Hatchling Member
mdtalley22":3pp1ngb9 said:
I don't think that there is anything especially wrong with glass dancing...I could be wrong but it kind of depends on your dragon...mine will do it right before he poops...or sometimes if he can see his reflection in the glass so he reacts to that...I think as long as they aren't damaging themselves they should be fine.
my lil fella does it when he sees me getting his crix ready for him or if he just wants some attention

pamelacoe

Hatchling Member
Mine did it on the sides a lot when he first came home. I think it is because he was used to the pet store where he could only see out one side and suddenly he could see out three sides. He also seems frustrated that he cannot get to those mountains he sees on the other side....what's up with the force field, LOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom