Crazy Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGDragon

So I just came home with a new addition to the family, a 3 year old male and my female is almost 4. They are in 2 different tanks on opposite walls in my bedroom. The male is digging and rubbing his nose up and down on the glass. My female on the other hand is going crazy, trying to scratch the glass, going up and down the side of the tank and scratching her basking platform.. I held her up to his tank and they don't really do much other than lick the glass and she tries to climb out of my hand.. What does this mean? Do they want to kill eachother? Or is this common actions of new partners?

Luthien

Juvie Member
You could defiantly breed them if you wanted too. Left too long in the same tank and yes it will cause problems, stress is the minimum thing and fighting the worst.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
I think the more important question than are they ready to mate is are YOU ready for them to mate? I have two beautiful beardies and they will make gorgeous babies. The local pet store has already put in a standing offer if we ever breed them. Next spring would be the soonest and I did a bit of research just to know if it's something I would consider. I'm completely overwhelmed and really uncertain if that is something I want to do. It's a huge undertaking.

If you are up for it, by all means. I wish you the best of luck. Just be sure you know what you are getting into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom