Craigslist beardie "rankins" (not a rescue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleen89559

Juvie Member
It could be a rankins but it looks to also have the beginnings of metabolic bone disease. Tell tale sign is the tail starting to corkscrew up. I don't think it has had any uv lighting.

ocrage

Hatchling Member
yeah, if you go to look at it, rankins have no beard they can puff up, its completely flat. google pics of rankins dragons so you can see.

but like the person above said, it probably just never had proper care.

Phoebe

Hatchling Member
That tail does not look good. Probably someone trying to gain an extra bit of cash by putting a fancy name onto it, although I could be wrong.

MommiesBoyX

Hatchling Member
my best guess would be its not a rankins, it is just mistreated, has MBD, and has stunted growth. i have a little guy who measures in at 13 inches and he is a full grown adult. poor thing shook and tremlbed all the time from MBD when we first got him. he was never fed greens, never dusted bugs with any kind of calcium, never given a UVB light, and constantly had a red heat lamp on him 24/7 before i brought him home a few months ago. he is doing much better now that i have him and he is getting the proper care.

if you take this one in, just be prepared to spend money on vet bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom