craigslist ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
So I was browsing craigslist last night and came across an ad giving beardies away for free because they have missing toes and limbs frim fighting with eachother. How aweful is that? I was disgusted by it, if he/she knew they were fighting then why leave them together. Isn't that animal abuse of some sort?

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
it is in a way but when it comes to sibling rivialry between baby beardies thiers not much you can do. Alot of baby beardies have a small nip on thier tails or missing toes if thier is one or more nipping beardies in the tank. I cant remember who but someone on here owns a beardie named jack. They got him on sale becuase he nipped all his tank siblings and he was the only one who had all his toes and long tail.

NavyxWife

Hatchling Member
Aww how awful. But then again, it is common for them... He should have seperated them but that also would have been a bit pricey to get tanks for each.

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I understand the missing toes or tail nips however when they are missing limbs...like full out legs, that is getting to be a bit much for me. I just was appalled by the ad. Of course I go to look for it again and it is gone.

NavyxWife

Hatchling Member
I've seen a few beardies with missing limbs. It's always terrible and sad to see but it does happen.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
it happens but you have to consiter it might or might not have been his fualt. Breeding takes alot of responisblity. ALot of breeders keeps the 20-30-40 cluth batch together. Thiers always bound to be one nibbiler but if thier missings limbs then that means they were not being fed enough >> poor little ones

YellowRoomReptiles

Juvie Member
So sad! It does happen, but it is super cheap to keep them in separate cages to keep that from happening. We have it happen occasionally, but we make sure to remove the culprit as soon as it does.. and we only keep 6-7 to a bin, 40 is waaaayyy too many to keep together. We just have to hope that they bought them like this and are just wanting better homes for them, although since the ad was on craigslist and after seeing MANY ads on there, the truth is probably far different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom