Covering 3 sides of the glass in cage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have my cage all set up and have gotten great tips from here on best practices for my beardie Paul. One question I still have is do you guys cover up 3 sides of you cage with paper or posters? My beardie has recently been going after his reflection so I am wondering what I should use to cover the 2 sides and back. Do people use posters or could I just use the white side of wrapping paper? I just wanted to be sure I use the right color. I do think he is getting stressed at times seeing and reacting to his own reflection. Any tips would be appreciated. This group is amazing!
-Tanya

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
I covered them for a while but then my beardie calmed down and a didn’t need it covered anymore. Just use something to prevent him from seeing his reflection:)

When I was rehabilitating my aggressive rescue I had a real problem with this. He just seemed to be so worked up all day every day because he could see his reflection. I looked at so many different options. It seemed like no matter what it was that I put on the outside he could still see his reflection. There is also the option of building a backdrop but I needed something on all 4 sides. You could also put up the aquarium type of photo backing but have you ever really looked at the price of those?!

So my solution ended up being a matte black removable vinyl on the inside of his tank. It was cheap, easy, and I didn't have to worry about it falling. It also stopped all of the glass surfing. He is on the bottom shelf so he can see us just fine. Looks great and we are both happy :)
I hope this helps!

Roll of Matte Oracal 631 Black Removable vinyl works with all vinyl cutters - Black - 12"x10FT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E1PT8A2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_1rH8BbKZA72Y9

tanya522722

Original Poster
Excellent I will try that. Thank you for the link and the explanation. I am so in love with my bearded and just want him to be as happy as possible in his cage. I may do an aquarium poster along the back and the vinyl along the sides. I will let you know how it works for him. Thank you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom