Couple Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, my beardie finally shed his whole body (except the head and tail) so that's good. He's kinda itchy right now though, I feel bad. Anyway, he's been having really runny, smelly poop lately, which is progressing to diarrhea. When he went this afternoon, it just soaked through the paper liner in his tank and didn't leave like, any solids. This is worrisome to me. His diet hasn't changed at all...could this be due to shedding stress? It makes me nervous to take him out around the house because he pooped on my leg out on the lawn and on my floor the other day (thankfully I caught him and moved him to the wood floor and off the carpet). Any help would be appreciated.

Cendrillon

Original Poster
I'm planning on going to a vet on Wednesday, just because I've never taken him before. Should I just, uh, bring some poop with me?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would call ahead before you have the fecal sample brought in just to tell them you are bringing one in.

(No one likes a surprise poo... :mrgreen: )

Although really, i'd give it a week or two to see if the poo goes back to normal. Shedding can indeed cause irregular poos.

-Brandon

Cendrillon

Original Poster
Welp, he's pooped twice already and it's only 2 pm. It's not just a puddle of liquid anymore, rather solids sitting in a liquid. Smelly -_- Can't wait for the vet visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom