Couldn't say no lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
We are getting a free 6 month old albino burmese python, i've done alot of reading on them but would appreciate the experts comments on all the basics. Apparently he\she is eating mice but i'm wondering if that's the appropriate size food for it.
The guy is giving it up free with cage and his breeder mice because he got a girlfriend who hates snakes :lol: i'd personally get rid of the girlfriend but that's just me.

New snake count : 7 hehe

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Jeez... I would think NO. that's not big enough by a long stretch. My 6 month old rainbow is eating mice & I'm thinking it's getting close to upgrade time. I'm guessing a hatching burmese could happily take a mousey. I know PA has/had one... maybe PM him?

And Lacy, you're insane! I want to come visit your house! :D

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
:lol: I think I am insane a bit but free is hard to say no to and at least I know in my house it would be well taken care of. He\ she hasn't gotten here yet, probably going to pick it up wensday, the guy doesn't have a car and so many people are afraid :roll: I can't wait to see it, I always told mike no to a big snake but realized if I raise it i'll be used to the size as an adult.

Thanks for the idea i'll pm PA he's got a bunch of big babies :lol:

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, I could say no to that. But, I suppose I would have snatched him up and brought him to the local sanctuary!
I bet he's going to be a stunner, but there is no way I would let a Burm into my house! I have pet cats, not feeders!
Good luck, share pics when you get him!

I would say that he is being fed small prey, but you really won't be able to tell til you get your hands on him.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Congrats! Burms are pretty cool. You know, I have only owned one snake, my ball python, and I probably would have also said yes. So, you aren't alone in being insane. :D

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well we never got it. The guy we were letting stay here (was who was getting the snake from another) because he was a homeless friend turned out to be trash of the worst kind. A thief, over 70 dvd's 4 xbox 360 games and about 20 ps2 games lost before we realized what was happening.

I guess right now it's for the best, we're struggling with covering my little brothers bills along with our own. He was in a head on collision back in october, got fired because he wasn't back to work within 26 weeks and his disability checks are finished too.And he got screwed out of $200,000 by the other womans insurance company :evil:

Ryan Maguire

Sub-Adult Member
This is a late reply but had to say sorry about the bad luck, hope things have started to look better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom