Could it be early brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Since we had the issues with the two mega ray bulbs Liz has had her eyes closed. we replaced the MVB with a spot light until the arcadia one arrives hopefully today. she picked up a while ago but now shes keeping them closed again and sleeping all the time and not eating much.

Last time i saw her like this was when she decided she wanted to sleep the winter away for a few months.

Could it be that the lowered temperatures in the tank (due to the swap of the MVB to spot light) have caused her to think its time to brumate?

if so...is there any danger in putting the new MVB bulb back in and bringing the temps back to normal?

we dont have any local vets near us that know anything about lizards either so i cant go seek advice from them :(

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
what are you using as a basking light right now? You can use an ordinary household bulb to get the temps back up and see if she wakes up a bit. Also there have been tons of problems with MVBs so my advice would be to get a repti-sun 10.0 she might perk up from that alone.

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
im just using a normal house bulb at the min.
im awaiting an Arcadia D3 UV basking light, ive read some good reviews about them and so far (touch wood) no health concerns have come up anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom