Coughs when out of viv running around! Does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
this happen to any other beardies that you know of, or should I think it is some type of illness?

OK, so Razz has not coughed since before his last dose of baytril for a *likely* RI.

We have only let him out to run around the living room 3 times since we have had him.

EACH time, after about 10 minutes, he coughs...one to three times. No gagging etc. just coughs.

I am not going to let him run around on the floor any more b/c this worries me.

We have brought the little kiddie plastic pool in here before so he could get out of his viv w/o being loose. He has never coughed while in the pool :?

So of course we put him right back in his viv after he coughs and the poor little guy is pathetically sad about it. He was just getting warmed up to run around!

Oh, we turn the a/c OFF before we bring him out so the ambient temp in the house is about 82-84...less on the ground of course but this gives an idea.

It is carpet, and yes, there is a lot of dog hair *sigh*...(I hate my cheap vaccuum!) but today, he had not licked the carpet.
I know there is a lot of dust in the air inside, but really, he spends more time OUTside when it is windy and no cough.

I am afraid to ever let him out in the house any more :roll:
Can you help? :lol:

Oh, and one more thing... Our Lab and Razzle have been getting used to each other, safely. Our Lab was trained at a young age to always lay down when being introduced to an animal smaller than she, so they have been nose to nose a few times (I will post pics later! lol) and today...Razz ran up and *licked* Haley's (our Lab) nose! LOL just *smelling* it quickly you know?
Can Razz get sick from this?

Thank you so much!
Sherri

MissT

BD.org Addict
Aren't Labs great- my mum has a lab x collie and any time I take my babies to visit she lies and watches them and just edges over closer. Then she will fall asleep beside them!

That's too bad about Razz. Kazi will 'cough' if he is frustrated about something but not in general. That is odd. Do you think you could maybe get a video or a recording of it? It might help to 'diagnose' it (of course, probably as soon as you decide to do that, the coughing will stop!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom