coughed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmc4392

Hatchling Member
Ok so I was soaking Dalia because she is in the middle of a full body shed. Well I put my hands under her front legs like I always do so if she wants to relax and shut her eyes and chill she can, and she suddenly flared her beard for a moment and coughed with a sort of squeaking noise. I took her out of the bath and she seemed fine and walked around the bathroom for a bit and even chilled out on my lap.

I'm not sure if she got any water in her nose and that's why she had to cough or whatever. She also ate a sizable amount of crickets about 20 mins prior to me giving her a bath so she may have had to throw up or whatever but didn't throw up. She seemed back to her normal self right away so I'm not too worried about it so if anyone can offer a suggestion as to what may have happened, I'm all ears to prevent it from ever happening again. Also a little more reasoning will help me understand what happened and know what to do next time.

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
Did she drink any water while she was in the bath? I have 4 dragon's, all of them drink in the bath, but my smaller female dragon manages to get a little water in her lungs every single time. She does exactly what you described to try and expel it. I usually just crank her heat up just a degree or two to make sure what she doesn't get out on her own doesn't cause an RI. She's 5 years old and still hasn't learned not to super gulp her water :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom