Cosmo is becoming skiddish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnie07

Hi everyone,
We have had our beardie (Cosmo) for almost 2 months now, and for the past 2 weeks he has been very skiddish and pretending like he is going to bite us when we go to touch him. He was not like this when we got him, we could pick him up no problem and he loved hanging out with us, now he runs from us. Its only been happening over the past 2 weeks. Any suggestions why?
He is aboout 7 months, he is in a 36 gallon tank, we have a 100 watt basking bulb above his stump that is about 8 inches above him, its usually aroud 100 degrees in there during the day we have some plants and stuff for him to climb on and a rock that he can climb under. On the cold side is where we keep his food and water dish, as well as a plant in the corner for him to climb on, he seems to love it, he runs around like crazy climbing everything and has lots of room, and is eating well.
Any adivce would be great!! thanks

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Could he be about to shed? Sometimes shedding can take a couple of weeks to come off. During that time some beardies get really grouchy- i know mine acts strange and doesn't like to be handled whilst in shed.

shawnie07

Original Poster
yes, that could be it, his tails has turned white, which I am assuming is a sign of getting ready to shed. Thanks a million, I was afraid maybe he was becoming anti social!!

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
shawnie07":2ps6gwnr said:
yes, that could be it, his tails has turned white, which I am assuming is a sign of getting ready to shed. Thanks a million, I was afraid maybe he was becoming anti social!!

lol, yeah the white is a sign of shed. He'll be back to his lovely self in no time :D

shawnie07

Original Poster
Thank you soo much... thats what I thought it was, I guess I just wanted to confirm... your help is appreciated!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom