Continuing problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What time is it in the US? Chacoby opened her eyes today while I was feeding, it was actually nice to see them for a change as they are beautiful but look sunken from being dehydrated :( I can only get diluted babyfood down here as the syringe wont fit in her mouth so I have to use the metal feeder but I aren't putting it down her throat any more just near so she can swallow. If she wriggles a tiny bit that is when she gasps, as she is using her energy and she has very little. Going to start the Baytril tomorrow... Hope it works!

Thankyou again to all of you for your help!

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
431457_3123208557582_1185646845_3349328_899325318_n.jpg

This is what she is like, really bad, but at least she opened her eyes to me :) I will post a pic of Xena when I get chance. I will let you know how we get on.

NightFury

Hatchling Member
That's great she opened her eyes :) she is a beautiful dragon! I hope she pulls through, poor thing looks bad.

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
In the afternoon? It is 9pm here! Thankyou, she is very beautiful, she is more yellow coloured than the picture shows, with red around her jaw line and ears

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is beautiful. I hope that she improves for you. Hopefully the Baytril will work for her. Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Helloit is the AM here so I am just going to give her her first dose of meds in about 20 minutes! Fingers crossed, I will keep you updated guys :) Thankyou x

NightFury

Hatchling Member
How is she today? I was thinking about her while I was at work and was wondering about her. Hope that medicine was just what she needed! Keep fighting with her! :)

NathanNatalie3002

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aww thank you for your thoughts :) She is still the same only had one dose of meds until the morning, does not breath very well. I wonder if I could somehow try to clear her airway maybe? I can't see any mucous but I can see some excess saliva now and again and can tell there is something there, is there any way I could do this?

She opened her eyes again once today, whilst feeding, she doesn't really fight the food :( I also went out to the shops to get more newspaper for the tanks, and when I came back she had shuffled off her rock and landed on her back, she couldn't turn herself over :( This terrifies me as I don't want her to do that whilst I am out of the house for a while!

I hope she makes it through! I won't give up on her!

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Best thing to do is keep her inclined upwards, not much you can do. :( How high up did she fall from? Id recommend not having anything too high up while shes ill so she doesnt injure anything in the fall, she may be weak and unable to handle impacts. You want to keep her bulb really close though she she stays are a good temp though. Having a stand for your basking light helps alot, I hope after a few treatments she will start to show signs of improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom