Constipated Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
so my beardie hasnt eaten alot ... a couple crickets a day for like 1-2 weeks.. i changed the uvb flouro tube... bc i figured it might be that causing him not to eat.. i took him to the vet today, dropped his poo off... got an x-ray.. and he is constipated! doc said to give him bath's throughout the weekend till he poops alot... i told him he eats crickets.. and collard greens and carrots... the vet said to switch up his diet... but nothing with hard shells, he said to catch bugs with a butterfly net threw fields (when its summer ) and put bugs in there for him, as well as to give more than just collard greens...

any good fruit and veg that will equal runs.. and clear him out??

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Danny, Stage one baby food, pumpkin, squash, and that sort will un stop him so to speak ! Try to dab a bit on his snout, not covering any nostrils, he may lick from there. If he does, than keep offering until the constipation is cleared, than use this list to offer healthy greens and fruits.
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
Hope this helps out ! Keep us posted ! Pictures ! :D
Janie.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
It is on the baby aisle of your local grocery store. You look for any brand as long as it is Stage One. This is usually the purest, and has no additives. No actually it is cooked, and pureed, making it easy for babies ( human or dragon) to digest. The pumpkin or squash can be warmed up just a little bit, and add a drop or two of olive oil.
If you want to make your own, you can, certainly, though it would need to be pureed in a blender after cooking. If you have an eye dropper, just place a drop on the snout, and see if he licks it off.
Janie.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok cool so pumkin/squash baby food.. and olive oil?? would canola work? or can i just do the plain baby food?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Try the baby food, but if you are picking up the one, might as well get the other too. I don't know if Canola will work, I do know olive oil Will.
Hope this helps out ! Also, warm baths help pass impaction too. You can place him into the bath, up to his shoulders, in temps between 90-100*F for around 10-20 minutes. By stroking gently on his left side, you may be able to "move" the impaction little by little. The bath will also help to prevent dehydration, which can make an already uncomfortable situation worse. You must supervise totally each bath time. You can also either place the baby on your hand with his anus under water, or use a clean wash cloth for traction, and place baby on that, to lessen any stress. You can offer a bath twice a day, while treating for constipation. After that, only need 3-4 times a week.
Hope this helps out ! Keep us posted, Please !
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom