constant open mouth and wont eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
No, infrared lights aren't any good. They disturb sleep, and during the day beardies need a bright white light in order to thrive. It simulates natural sunlight, and it protects their eyes from the UVB light.

salliepaysonlucier

Original Poster
Well its been a lil bit of time. She is doing so much better. She is now eating hole foods. No more baby food. She is eating Dandelion leaves, Red bell peppers, back to her super worms and she ate a Dubai roach today. She still wants me to feed the things to her but she is getting more active and seams happier. Well I hope to get her to want to run around but I'm not pushing her to do it. She has been getting Calcium in almost every thing she eats and her shaking when she walks is almost disappeared. Oh yes she likes strawberries too. I cut a medium size straw berry up and at room temp she ate half of it.

salliepaysonlucier

Original Poster
Well took her to the vet yesterday. They said she seams to have really turned herself around. She has grown an inch and is gaining weight. she now will eat a large meal 2 times a day. Dandie lion leaves and blue berry's as well as red bell peppers. She dont mind her vitamins and she has started to eat more crickets covered in calcium. She is eating 5 to 7 Dubai roaches a week. And super worms. she will even let me drip water into her mouth. The vet gave her a great bill of health. Then told me that they didnt think she would had made it if I was not taking care of her as well as I am. She loves her harness. and stays inside my coat when we have to go to the vet. Now my step son wants one of his own , so I was looking on Craigslist today and found one that is suposta be 10 months old and female. We pick her up in the morning. Wish us luck that she is healthy. :D :blob5:

salliepaysonlucier

Original Poster
They both have separate tanks. The new lil guy is 10 months old and is missing the tip of its tail. Took him to the vet today and she said the lil guy is healthy. So now I need to get him to eat. With all the disruption in his life today, I dont expect him to eat today.But food was still offered. He chased a couple of crickets but that was all. So now we wait till tomorrow and see what he does and dosent eat. Just in case I have baby foods, squash, green beans, chicken in water level 1. And I have crickets and baby dubias waiting for him for morning.

Blinksmama

Juvie Member
He could have relocation stress for upwards of a week or two. If he's not eating much you don't need to be too concerned.

salliepaysonlucier

Original Poster
ok i am hoping that is the case. He has eaten small chunks of strawberry and about 5 crickets. I put a small crock in his tank and he soaked in there for about 20 min. And I noticed he was drinking water from the crock. He wont touch his greens {dandelion} so i will try basil, collard and mustard greens to see if he will start. Thank you for your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom