Constant glass dancing, not eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpitaphREI

So, my boy Legion has decided to go and make me worried again. For the past 2 weeks he has spent much of his time either hiding in his cave sleeping or furiously glass dancing and pacing along the front of his enclosure. For the past week, he has refused to eat anything that is not dripped onto his nose so he can lick it off. He is still defecating, and is getting bathed every 2 days. I would be inclined to believe that he is attempting to brumate, given the sleeping, but the glass dancing and pacing has me confused.

Some extra info: Three weeks ago I got a female dragon, at 4 months old and 9 inches. They two have seen each other, but cannot see each other in their vivs - they are stacked. Also, Legion's viv is quite dark now because of his new viv build, but I am installing a fluorescent bar tonight to brighten it up.

Beardie:

Name: Legion
Length: 21in
Source: Reputable breeder
Pooping: typically every 2 days, now once a week
Live food: Dubias / Crickets
Feeding Schedule: As many as he will eat in 10 min once a day
Greens: Collard greens / Mustard greens
Insect prep: Calcium without D3 / bee pollen / probiotic every day, Reptivite once a week.
Temps: 105/80.

Enclosure:

Size: Custom 4x2x2 enclosure.
Substrate: Alfalfa pellets (he does not defecate in enclosure)
Light: Powersun 100W
Basking Distance: 9inches
Light cycle: Timed, 8am-8pm
Water: Drinking water

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, Well, if you are positive he is a he and not a she...then that would rule out wanting to find a place to lay eggs. Are you 100% positive it a boy??? And my next guess would be,,,his hormones are raging!! Even though he cant see the female, he can smell her...those are my guess's.

EpitaphREI

Original Poster
I am very positive he is a male. Not only was he sexed by the breeder, I have had reptiles for years and like to think I could tell. He is certainly a male, complete with femoral pores and two bulges. X3

He last shed maybe a little over a month ago, when his growth started to plateau.

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry, had to ask,,,plenty of people think its a male until they get up one day and there are eggs....you didn't specify how much experience you have...

EpitaphREI

Original Poster
I did not mean to sound offended! I actually thought it rather funny. Yes, I am well aware most people are not sure. No worries! :D

Sorry I was not clear about my experience, but yes, I have had reptiles most of my life. This is my first time dealing with brumation, however. Fun stuff!

Thanks for the help, everyone!

PastelBeardie

Juvie Member
I'm a gecko person with a beardie, not the other way around, :) but I had this happen to me once with one of my geckos. She was so busy trying to get her reflection that she didn't think of much else, so I had to re-do the viv so that she couldn't see her reflection. Once she decided the "intruder" was no longer around, she relaxed and went back to eating and acting normally. Redoing the viv might help.

Edit: OK, I re-read your original post. He can probably sense the female even if he can't see her. Maybe putting them in different rooms might help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom