Considering Dubia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickb

Juvie Member
Thinker":56502 said:
My Dubias have only been set up for a few weeks now. I'm listening to them scuffle around in their tote now. I started with the 145 breeder mix and then ordered another 45 adult females and 6 adult males from another breeder. They are starting to get used to me and don't scatter back to their egg crates when I check on them. I'm hoping the colony will take off soon so that I can start feeding them off and keep it sustainable. I feed them roach chow, plus the leftover salads from my dragon, and keep fresh clean water crystals in there. Good luck with this worthwhile venture. I hop we are both successful.
DansDragons":56502 said:
i'm not too grossed out by them, i mean a roach is a roach, but i'd have no problem picking them up lol. i'm just disturbed that im actually excited to get roaches LOL. hopefully they will produce well for me and i can stop feeding crickets all together..i had over 3000 on november 30th..i have 0 today..

i do plan on continuing to feed my dragons other insects like supers, hornworms, silkies..waxworms etc..
Thinker, if you are checking on the often, resist the urge. Only once or twice a week. The more they are disturbed, the slower they will reproduce.
DansDragons, you might find yourself "playing" with the roaches when ya get them. Again, resist the urge and let them be. Dubia really seem to thrive on neglect. I found I was so curious and interested in them when I first got some that I wanted to observe, pick them up etc all the time. Fortunately I knew better and left them alone enough. As odd as it sounds, playing with some new roaches is very common I suspect. :p Curiousity killed the cat, good thing I am not a cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom