Conjoined dragon hatched with 2 bodies! He is alive.tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 3 days ago I noticed a dragon from my 3rd clutch had his head out in my incubator. I checked the next day and he was still stuck. I thought he was dead till he opened his eyes. So I sprayed the egg and tore it a little so he could fit his head out. Yesterday morning when I opened my incubator I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Double dragon! 1 head 8 legs 2 tails. So far he is alive but I feel/hear the odds are against him :( I want to do my best to increase his chances. Any tips or similar stories welcome. So far I keep him alone. Mist him to keep him hydrated and today I got a few tiny crickets into him. He seems weak but he has already been through alot and I hope he continues the battle with me in his corner :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, what a shock, huh ? Do you have pics ? Well, if they are joined at the belly rather than the side, then they won't make it. If they are joined at the side, there is a chance....if you look in the " beardie tales " forum, there is a thread about Zak + Weezie, the oldest conjoined beardies { I believe ] in the world. You can p.m. Fresnowitte to find out what the best care will be, I'm sure she'll be happy to help. Best wishes to you + the baby ! :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh wow, the second body is wrapped around the baby. Is there a second head in there ? Is it possible to see a vent under the second tail ? That would actually be a parasitic twin...the second one never really developed and is totally dependent on the primary " healthy " looking one. I don't know how they will do, I guess one day at a time.

belovedbeardies

Original Poster
Yes there is a 2nd vent. No 2nd head though. I think a little fecal matter came out of the 2nd body this morning bc there was a little stuck under it

DorkiTimmy

Hatchling Member
that is crazy its like his body just splitted but the head couldnt split hahaha i hope he survives and grow big like zac the 2 head bearded dragon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom