Confused, What Can I Feed My 5 Month Old Bearded Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KokoPopCutie

Hey people!

I am so confused over what I am allowed to feed my beardie, Koko. Some websites say that you can feed them fruit, but then someone said that you should never give them any fruit at all. So could someone please tell me what YOU feed your beardies? At the moment, mine eats mint, bell peppers, dandelion leaves ans nasturtium flowers, and obviously about 10 crickets. (With Nutrobal, of course!)

Thankyou!!!
:D

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Your salad should consist largely of dark leafy greens (collard greens, dandelion greens, endive, escarole, turnip greens, and mustard greens are the main ones). Then you mix in some veggies for variety and you can use a little bit of fruit. Fruit is more like a treat or a dessert though, not something you want to give them a lot of due to it's high natural sugar content. Here's a helpful site with a chart that acts as a great guideline for the types of things you can give your dragon and how often:

http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

Also, at 5 months old, she should be getting much more than 10 crickets a day. The more conservative feeding method recommends 50 a day (or as many as they'll eat up to that number), while the more common/popular method for feeding a growing dragon recommends as many crickets as they'll eat in 10 minutes twice a day (can be upwards of 60-100+ crickets a day). While she's growing, your girl needs lots of protein and that comes from her bugs. Once she's an adult (18 months old or so) her bug consumption will drop back down to about 50 crickets a week, but until then she'll need more.

KokoPopCutie

Original Poster
Thankyou, Catalyst.

Question about that chart, is it proven to be safe for the beardies to eat what they recommend?

I am just really protective over Koko, she's my buddy! She is my first beardie, so I don't want anything to happen to her!!!

Thankyou about the cricket info, too! :notworthy:

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
That site has a high reputation on any reptile forum I've visited. If it says that a food is safe, then it's safe. Some may differ on certain details, but it's a great basis to start out from.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Catalyst":2f0ef said:
That site has a high reputation on any reptile forum I've visited. If it says that a food is safe, then it's safe. Some may differ on certain details, but it's a great basis to start out from.
I agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom