condo style vivs

Status
Not open for further replies.

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
We are starting our viv project for Lincoln and since we are considering getting a baby I want to just build the viv now so it can be ready in a few months when our new little one is ready to come home. I want/need to build it 'condo' style because of space issues. I was also considering trying to get a female; Lincoln is male. (FYI: They will NOT be friends with benefits :wink: )
For the people who have there beardies vivs stacked do you have any problems with them sensing each other? I don't really want Lincoln looking for the love of his life all the time and I don't want the female to be stress because she just knows a male is hunting for her. I am betting it's an individual thing and I will have to see what happens when the time comes, and fix anything if need be.
I just wanted to hear opinions. 8)

hooklinebrittany

Hatchling Member
I don't honestly think that stacking your tanks would be a good idea. How would they get adequate lighting and heating? The lights do not work if you try to shine them through glass, so you would have to make mesh siding and then find a way to hang the light on the side and that just sounds overly complicated. Yes, they would hear each other, every single moment of the day. My bearded dragon KNOWS when another bearded dragon is around. Hell, he knows when anything is around that is crawling around on all fours. I would not put it past yours, seeing as your Lincoln looks exactly like my Ivan, but chubbier and older. (No offense, I wish my beardie would put on the pounds like yours. But he's a picky one, and a skinny one.) I believe that you would have a problem with them constantly searching for each other, without a doubt. However, this question is kinda old so let me know how it has been going. I am assuming you already did it. :) But I would say try putting them together, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, put them on opposite sides of the room and try to insulate their tanks so they don't make much noise for one another to hear.

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
I use Critter Condos for my 2 dragons and snake. Are you looking for something like these?

photo22.jpg

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
GlueStick":3rq005xo said:
I use Critter Condos for my 2 dragons and snake. Are you looking for something like these?

photo22.jpg

Yes, we are building our own kind of like that. We haven't gotten our second dragon yet we are waiting on new babies from a breeder I want to buy from. I guess maybe we should make them separate and stack them so if we have problems we can move one?

Gluestick do notice any problems? What are the sexes of your dragons?

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
My tanks are separate, but not for the reason of keeping the peace (they are built individually, so if I move, when I move, I will be able to transport them painlessly). Because the tanks are on top of each other, like so, they do not see each other (unless of course I happen to be on my laptop, like now, and they see the reflection of one another, in which my male reacts like most males would).

I have a male and a female (male on bottom, female on top). I can't complain about my tanks much, other than they are super insulating and it took me a while to guess what wattages I needed to maintain proper temps. That being said, ALWAYS USE dimmer switches for the heat bulbs. The temps in my house tend to fluctuate, so I have to keep eyes on temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom