concerns with our 8-year-old beardie girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Our Lil Squirt is now 8 (as of June 18) for a few weeks her coloring is darker than normal - even when she's in her tank under her Mercury Vapor Bulb which we installed on July 25 of 2019, so it's less than one-year-old. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? She is our precious snuggle bug. My husband needs snuggles, especially now with this virus stuff. Any ideas would be appreciated, even if we think they may be wrong, I am looking for ideas. I took her outside in the sun this am for less than an hour and it helped but the dark didn't go away, except for the bottom part of her belly, the top part is darker, I have pictures but I'll have to figure out how to get them off my phone unto the computer, or use another camera I have.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is her beard dark? I usually go with beard color as a mood ring. Often when they are in distress their body gets really light rather than darkening. How has her weight been? You can upload photos from your phone by going to the green menu button on the top left and clicking on user image upload manager then New Upload. Press the choose file button to select a photo from your phone then press upload. If it doesn't work refresh the page and try again. That's how I bring photos in from my phone.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
No, it's not her beard that's dark, it's her head and the top half of her back. I will attempt to load the pics I have of her. It may take a while as I've other things to get to.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is she turning dark under her basking bulb? I would recommend you get a new MVB it may be wearing out and not putting out the heat or UVB now --
Karrie

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
As I said, she has been this way for a while; we take her outside every day for an hour or so and that doesn't change her coloring at all.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, just wanted to offer a little bit of unsolicited advice if it's O.K. Lil Squirt is a beautiful girl but you might want to put her on a little beardie diet. She has a bit of extra weight on her and would benefit from losing some weight. She's a real beauty though, love her pumpkin orange color. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom