Concerned, Really Dark Stress marks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deueller

Pip, My Baby beardie keeps getting intense stress marks every time he eats, he poops completely normal and daily. But his marks appear for an hour maybe two after feeding and dissipate after a little but are still visible to some degree. Help? Suggestions? Anything? :?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like the temps might be off and that he is having a hard time digesting. What are the basking & cool side temps and what type of thermometer are you using?

What brand & type of UVB do you have and what is the distance of it? Have you been bathing him?

Deueller

Original Poster
His temps are 80-85 on the cool side and 105 for the basking temperatures with about 95-100 for the hot. His UVB bulb is a Reptisun 10.0. I bath him about every other to every 3 days usually. He's been fine for awhile, it just happened all the suddenly :shock:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is the Repti-Sun 10.0 a compact or strip fluorescent bulb? What distance is this particular bulb?

What type of thermometer are you using and where exactly are you taking the temps?

Deueller

Original Poster
It's a Reptisun 10.0 fluorescent, Ive been concerned that it's to close so I might try moving it away. But i use the Zoo Med probe thermometers. And a IR for his basking spot.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good that you're using the fluorescent bulb. It should be 6 to 8 inches from him and right alongside a bright white basking bulb. When you use the probe thermometer, make sure you wait at least 45 to 60 min for the temp to stop rising before getting the final reading. And, with the temp gun, make sure you hold it only 2" from the area being checked.

As the seasons change, sometimes we have to make some temp adjustments so that's why I was thinking about the temps since he seems uncomfortable after eating. Are you making sure to only offer feeders that are no larger than the space between his eyes?

Deueller

Original Poster
Yes, All the crickets he eats are small....really small. I'm gonna keep an eye on his temps this weekend. Im a college kid who has class all day and work at night. They might need some adjustments as it gets colder. He's a baby and hasn't shed in awhile so im wondering if that's it.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, you sure put in a long day! Have to give you credit. :wink:

Good that you're being cautious about the cricket size. How often are you dusting them with calcium & vitamins? What greens & veggies is he eating?

Deueller

Original Poster
I dust them 3 times a week with Calcium and D3 and then give him the Herptivite 2 days a week. I usually give him collard greens, but he hardly ever touches them. Only nibbles and it usually take hand feeding at that. :wink:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, for a baby, you should be dusting with calcium 5 days a wk, but only 1 feeding a day and then with vitamins the other 2 days. Perhaps increasing the calcium will help his growth a little. You might want to think about trying some different greens if he doesn't like them. Here's a site that shows the best greens to feed in green print in case you haven't seen it: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Yes, they sure like to be hand fed, I know all about that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom