Concerned Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agonistes

I have not posted here in a while, but I do have a concern for my beardie. Here's a list of things I've notice in the past month...

1. He's been on an irregular bathroom schedule. He used to use the bathroom everyday at 11am. Now, it's sporadic and it's not on a regular basis-perhaps maybe once or twice a month.

2. He's been sleeping and closing his eyes during the day, almost is taking a nap during while basking. I don't think he's ever done that before.

3. I have not seen him shed in a long time, I think he's been growing--so perhaps he is shedding on a very small scale and I'm just not seeing it.

Perhaps a check-up at my local reptile vet couldn't hurt? I don't think he's been doing anything else unusual. I'm just a paranoid parent at times.

Thanks!

Although, Vlad is now a lovely 16"

Kaiser

Juvie Member
Agonistes":2m5jz972 said:
I have not posted here in a while, but I do have a concern for my beardie. Here's a list of things I've notice in the past month...

1. He's been on an irregular bathroom schedule. He used to use the bathroom everyday at 11am. Now, it's sporadic and it's not on a regular basis-perhaps maybe once or twice a month.

2. He's been sleeping and closing his eyes during the day, almost is taking a nap during while basking. I don't think he's ever done that before.

3. I have not seen him shed in a long time, I think he's been growing--so perhaps he is shedding on a very small scale and I'm just not seeing it.

Perhaps a check-up at my local reptile vet couldn't hurt? I don't think he's been doing anything else unusual. I'm just a paranoid parent at times.

Thanks!

Although, Vlad is now a lovely 16"

Once or twice a month seems like quite a gap between bowel movements... Has he been eating and acting normally? Any decrease in appetite?

May I ask what kind of substrate you are using, as well as what you are feeding (as well as the size of the food you are feeding) to your bearded dragon? Also, what is the basking temperature of your enclosure (as well as how you are measuring this temperature)?

And yes, a check-up at your local veterinarian never hurts. :]

Agonistes

Original Poster
Substrate is non-adhesive shelf liner from Wal-Mart, it's always been the same. Feedings are usually crickets, dubia roaches, and a salad composed of greens. His basking temperature is usually around 98-103 degrees. Maybe it's not once or twice a month, I don't necessarily log his bathroom schedule--so I could be mistaken. I will make a note next time he uses the bathroom and see how long it takes between them.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
Mine used to go everyday and now goes every 4 or 5 days. Sometimes I am afraid he wont poop so I give a drop or two of oil and he goes the next day. Who knows if he would have gone anyway. If he is eating fine I would not worry about the pooping unless his belly starts to look big or gets hard knots in it. As for the sleepiness get a ceramic heat emitter if you dont provide any night time heat. If the temps at night stay above 80 degrees that should eleminate the day time sleepieness after a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom