Concerned About Baby Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post a video? I've seen them flare their beards almost like burping before and that's normal.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks pretty alert. I'd love a second opinion but the breathing looks fairly normal to me too. Beard is a little black but that may just be going with the stress lines (which are common with the young ones).

DevilsLittleSister

Original Poster
Okay. Glad to hear it, what a relief. I raised his basking lamp slightly. He has stopped gaping for now. If it seems normal than I will just take him tomorrow to make sure. Thank you so much CooperDragon. I really appreciate it. Any advice on how to transport him to the vet?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Shoeboxes work well. Just put some small towels or washcloths down to make it nice and comfortable and leave the top off. If you have hand warmers, those are good to bring along too. Please let me know how it goes.

DevilsLittleSister

Original Poster
Thank you. Sorry for the delay.

I took him in Saturday, they took a stool sample and diagnosed him with Flagellates. They gave me Ronidazole and instructed me to clean out his enclosure twice this week, and bathe him for 30 minutes everyday for the next ten days. I will then be bringing him in for a follow up. My poor guy has interacted with more humans than he knows what do with.

I'm glad I brought him in, and they have medication for him. Thank you so much for your help in all of this, I greatly appreciate it.

By the way the vet also suggested that I remove the sand, because she had been seeing way to many impactions, so I removed it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom