Concern maybe not ER - baby filled with air...

Status
Not open for further replies.

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
I gave a group of babies a soak tonight as I do twice weekly with everyone. One of the babies blew up with air as they often do but it has been a few hours since they came out and she has not released it yet. I have an adult female who often blows up really big and also makes movements with her beard at the same time. But she always lets it out a minute or so after she is out of the water. This little 4 week old baby did the same thing but is still like a little balloon! I don't want to soak her in warm water because I know that's why she started it. She is breathing fine but her color is not as usual. I don't want to just ignore it so I figured I'd post it to see if anyone has experienced this. I did try to search first but not even sure what to call it. Thanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hm, since I am not a breeder, I have never personally experienced this. Perhaps one of the breeders will see this.
Is the beard darkened yet? How long has the baby been "inflated" in this manner? Definitely do not bathe the baby again right now, until we figure out why the baby is still inflated like this.
Has he eaten anything?

Tracie

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie,

thanks for the late night reply. I'm not sure if she's eating or not since this happened after dinner time. But I saw her blown up in the bath and right away I thought wow, she really blew up! So I have just been keeping a close eye on her. I just looked in on her again and she is still round. I wonder if she swallowed water not air? She has been moving her neck a lot, I'm not sure how to describe it. Looks like she is trying to swallow. She doesn't seem distressed or super lethargic so that's good. I will check again in the morning and see if it has gone away. Maybe someone has been through this before. Fingers crossed...

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Ive seen the ballon affect before , but not for such an extended time. Is the pooper in with a couple others?? Maybe its scared and that why its not deflating.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is the little one this morning, still deflated or did he finally relax enough to go back down to normal?

Tracie

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I just checked in on her and she still looks inflated. Maybe not quite as much as before but still alot. Lights are still out... She is in with 3 of her siblings that all seem to get along. I will try and find some alone space for her today. Wish I knew what I could do for her. Thank you for the feedback.

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well my baby is still round. I have her in the QT tank alone now. She hasn't eaten but is alert and active. She does seem to breath rather heavy at the top portion of her torso. I'm not sure what to think at this point. I guess I will know more once she either deflates or poops?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow that is very odd she is still a little inflated. I hope that she will be alright. Please keep us posted on her.

Tracie

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well she is better. Very strange... she still looks inflated just not as much as before. I don't think she has gone to the bathroom either. She is active though and eating some so that is good. I guess this is one of those that we may never know for sure. Thanks guys :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, at least she has improved somewhat. That is very strange!
Hopefully she will go to the bathroom soon, maybe she is bloated. Try giving extra oral fluids, carefully that may help her out.
i hope she will be ok!

Tracie

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oddly enough this girl is just fine never showed any signs of distress. Everytime I bathe her she blows up like a balloon but she seems to have figured out how to let it out now! I am happy to report some good news...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh well, that is great news! She figured out how to deflate, finally? Good grief, that had to have been scary though, seeing her all ballooned up like that for so long!

Tracie

greathouseFarm

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yes it was - but I became so attached to her during the time I spent with her and a heating pad... stroking her and saying please please let the air out! That I decided to keep her. Her name is Leela and she is staying here! She just got out of a bath in fact and like a little round balloon when she came out. 10 minutes later she is back to normal.

Just a side note to anyone reading.... for dry gentle heat I used a corn bag. I think that's what they are called. They are for aches and pains and you throw them in the microwave for 2 minutes and they stay nice and warm. Not too hot! (Didn't want anyone to think I used one of the reptile heat mat on her)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom