Completely new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnamon32817

I just got my bearded dragon today and I'm really exited. But like my title says, I'm completely new to this and I've been researching this entire night and I really just have to ask is there anything that I need to know? Like that most websites don't cover? And is it ok the the night heater light thing gets really warm? Because that concerns me. And what kind of things do they do? Anything special or like do they like music? Do I give them baths? If so, how? I just want to know anything so just tell me like everything you guys know about beardies! Thankyou!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Welcome to the forum & to the world of Bearded dragons.
One of the most important things to do first is to make sure the tank setup is correct.
When do you plan on getting your new dragon?
As far as night time heating you wont want it to get real hot, no. We usually recommend using a ceramic heat emitter for any warmth if needed. If the night temperatures fall below 65F or so, then you could use some heating. Just be sure it is a ceramic heat emitter & not a red or blue night lamp. That will disturb their sleeping.
You can bathe them, as some do enjoy it. They are all different though, so some may love them while others hate them. You will have to gauge the behavior to determine how many baths you want to give. We don't recommend them too often because they might get stressed by getting too many.
They are very social creatures indeed. They do like music from what I can tell. You can experiment with various types of music to see if he/she seems to prefer one over the other. I don't recommend having it super loud though as that could get stressful I would think.

I am sure others will chime in with more stories & information.

Tracie

Cinnamon32817

Original Poster
Ok thank you so much for the help. I got my bearded dragon yesterday and it already seems really happy. And I might try giving it a bath then sometime and seeing if cinnamon likes it or not.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Drache613":3rlcdza7 said:
Hello,

Welcome to the forum & to the world of Bearded dragons.
One of the most important things to do first is to make sure the tank setup is correct.
When do you plan on getting your new dragon?
As far as night time heating you wont want it to get real hot, no. We usually recommend using a ceramic heat emitter for any warmth if needed. If the night temperatures fall below 65F or so, then you could use some heating. Just be sure it is a ceramic heat emitter & not a red or blue night lamp. That will disturb their sleeping.
You can bathe them, as some do enjoy it. They are all different though, so some may love them while others hate them. You will have to gauge the behavior to determine how many baths you want to give. We don't recommend them too often because they might get stressed by getting too many.
They are very social creatures indeed. They do like music from what I can tell. You can experiment with various types of music to see if he/she seems to prefer one over the other. I don't recommend having it super loud though as that could get stressful I would think.

<<< TV is a winner with all mine, even from very young....

I am sure others will chime in with more stories & information.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom