Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Welcome to Devlyn Town everyone! We're a welcoming place.

Devlyn joined our household on February 9th, 2019 at 6 months old. I don't know her birthday, and she wouldn't tell me, so my best guess is August 1st, 2018.
103228-4767807354.jpg
Devlyn was bought from a pet shop that went out of business. Came from an unnamed wholesale vender. The original owner did a lot to take care of Devlyn. A baby dragon who had parasites and a respiratory infection from the pet store. There were some hiccups with coil UVB bulbs but that was corrected after a vet visit in October 2018 to UVB fluorescent tubing and proper heat control and a bigger enclosure. The original owner sold Devlyn to me because Devlyn is a very picky eater (aka non-eater)(and as of 2/09/2020 Devlyn still can be a picky eater, she needs a lot of care to eat well) and the lady's life was very busy with other pets, kids, and a failed marriage. Devlyn went from whatever shadey pet place she was born, to a cheap pet store, to a loving first owner who only gave her up so Devlyn could get more attention and care and the cost of her ongoing care. My husband and I have given her a good home now! This is Devlyn town, she is the mayor, we do her bidding.
103228-3580797855.jpg
See pic above for her enclosure she has had since late 2018. About 45" by 17" by 19.2". New bulbs added after the move FYI. Devlyn likes color so I am currently going insane by creating more furniture, buying decorations and making decorative elements for her. Stay tuned for more episodes of Devlyn town!
ENCLOSURE UPDATE 2/09/2020
103228-3978015883.jpg

Update 1/10/2021
Awoken from brumation#2. 119 days.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tank looks good April.

The only reservation I have about pool filter sand is its designed to have rough edges. The more roughness to the sand the better it can hold onto contaminants. Playsand is usually made up of grains of sand that are much more round. In fact, pioli filter sand only needs to be replaced in sand filters when the sand wears down enough (rounds over) that it cant hold onto contaminants as well anymore.

So, it would be a bit tougher going through the system as opposed to playsand. Not sure if it's that big of a deal but it is 1 difference.

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Ah I didn't see that. I had only discovered that sand a few hours ago. Thanks!

-April

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
DorgEndo":6hra5wza said:
Big clean up day! I cleaned out Devlyn's dirt. She didn't seem mad about it, I did give her some big dubia to distract from the lack of dirt.

Those are great before/after pics! It's always amazing to see the bare enclosure compared to the furnished one. I love how Devlyn uses all the stuff in there, too! Seeing her move vertically on the vine wall in the time lapse was especially awesome!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
MariosDad":36sxup5s said:
Those are great before/after pics! It's always amazing to see the bare enclosure compared to the furnished one. I love how Devlyn uses all the stuff in there, too! Seeing her move vertically on the vine wall in the time lapse was especially awesome!
Some beardies probably wouldn't want all that stuff. I would always watch her quirks and she seemed to embrace the semi-arboreal nature of beardies. So I would give her stuff. And she consistently kept using stuff. She is a good sport and not showing any stress when I did make changes. Some changes she would not touch, so I took that to mean she didn't like it. I had tried a small climbing tree, one of those store ones, she refused to touch it. The blank wall she always tried to climb, and accepted the climbing net.

She is the boss. I am mere slave to her whims

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Oh the life of a beardie slave! Hahaha! ?
But you know, sometimes mine actually seems sorta happy. And it makes my heart swell! ?
It's pretty much trial and error, they can't tell you what they like or don't like but sometimes you can tell if you pay attention. Just like with the tree she wouldn't go near. ?
Amazing how close you can get to these scaley little critters!❤
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Scale besties with Devlyn!

A few random pictures

HUGE momma dubia roach, making babies for Devlyn to eat. Was cleaning out big bin of excess frass so hopefully that helps just in case my cat is allergic to the dubia
103228-2974963431.jpg

I want to catch a proper dragon stretch on camera, but she is shy to yawn for camera. Wyze camera caught her with an epic yawn (shortly before enclosure cleaning)
103228-5926352213.jpg

Then a nice clean enclosure picture. Pretty Devlyn. No longer huge pancake belly after a nice poop
103228-9473513090.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm probably gonna sort and clean the colony today too. Been putting it off since we've all been sick.

Thats an epic yawn picture haha

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
First time under the cork since I cleaned out the dirt. She can position and make the cork a big hide, or go sideways, lol. Either way!
Tile head pillow :love5:

Also that mostly eaten salad bowl :D

103228-298294975.jpg
103228-6347272023.jpg

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
DragonPete":2it4ais7 said:
I think I see a sexy leg stuck out under there too. ?
-Dee
Definitely some under the log sexy leg. She spent a good deal of yesterday finding floor spots to lay flat and sexy out her legs. She even gave a sexy arm, but she is secretive about sexy arm. I have to ignore the sexy front arm. I am guessing this is a hold on defense from her first home. She wants to be ready to start moving and it is slower for her to get her front arms back under supporting her weight.

This is why I make sure she gets a few days a week to relax in her enclosure. She loves outside time but she gets privacy and space too.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Glad she's enjoying and not stressing the changes. ?
Petey even gave me some sexy leg yesterday. He doesn't do it too often, only caught it a couple times. Of course he's up several hrs before me. ?
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
DragonPete":13m8qrtl said:
Glad she's enjoying and not stressing the changes. ?
Petey even gave me some sexy leg yesterday. He doesn't do it too often, only caught it a couple times. Of course he's up several hrs before me. ?
-Dee
Hiding that sexy leg
You'll catch him in the act. I believe in you

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
What happens when a bored human has access to city hall and an antsy dragon who wanted a road trip.

Well...

Mayor Devlyn attempted a meeting but there were not enough members for a quorum. So no city business was able to get done. Typical...another bureaucratic delay...

103228-1784900120.jpg
103228-62846467.jpg
103228-2373582386.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom