Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Welcome to Devlyn Town everyone! We're a welcoming place.

Devlyn joined our household on February 9th, 2019 at 6 months old. I don't know her birthday, and she wouldn't tell me, so my best guess is August 1st, 2018.
103228-4767807354.jpg
Devlyn was bought from a pet shop that went out of business. Came from an unnamed wholesale vender. The original owner did a lot to take care of Devlyn. A baby dragon who had parasites and a respiratory infection from the pet store. There were some hiccups with coil UVB bulbs but that was corrected after a vet visit in October 2018 to UVB fluorescent tubing and proper heat control and a bigger enclosure. The original owner sold Devlyn to me because Devlyn is a very picky eater (aka non-eater)(and as of 2/09/2020 Devlyn still can be a picky eater, she needs a lot of care to eat well) and the lady's life was very busy with other pets, kids, and a failed marriage. Devlyn went from whatever shadey pet place she was born, to a cheap pet store, to a loving first owner who only gave her up so Devlyn could get more attention and care and the cost of her ongoing care. My husband and I have given her a good home now! This is Devlyn town, she is the mayor, we do her bidding.
103228-3580797855.jpg
See pic above for her enclosure she has had since late 2018. About 45" by 17" by 19.2". New bulbs added after the move FYI. Devlyn likes color so I am currently going insane by creating more furniture, buying decorations and making decorative elements for her. Stay tuned for more episodes of Devlyn town!
ENCLOSURE UPDATE 2/09/2020
103228-3978015883.jpg

Update 1/10/2021
Awoken from brumation#2. 119 days.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Your Dragon kit is better than my human kit and I like to think I have that covered. ?
I tried to get colloidal silver from my pharmacy and he couldn't even order it. There's an old time medicine I tried to find too with no luck. Ginxxxx Violet? Something violet. Was used for impetigo and other things you catch from being in the dirt? Couldn't get it either. I had an issue from all the gardening last summer. Hard to heal.
Anyway, lost my train of thought there. Lol! ? I'm sure I'll get a Petey kit put together over time. ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I used to have to do the same thing with injecting the superworms with my girl Naughtica. It's a decent trick LOL.

Any poo yet? Or did I miss the update? Sorry I 've been slacking. Been staying so busy outside in our yard and working on our gardens that I haven't even updated my own thread! :oops:

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Claudiusx":36p44m1o said:
I used to have to do the same thing with injecting the superworms with my girl Naughtica. It's a decent trick LOL.

Any poo yet? Or did I miss the update? Sorry I 've been slacking. Been staying so busy outside in our yard and working on our gardens that I haven't even updated my own thread! :oops:

-Brandon
No poo! She is acting more like herself. Not quite there so the medicine is helping already. She needs a good poop.
103228-3985485202.jpg
103228-264436561.jpg
Got a super neat roach picture last night...
103228-1585077215.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've been needing to do some colony maintenance myself for the past 3 weeks lol. I am going to try to get to them tomorrow or saturday.

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
POOOOOOOOOOOP!

WE GOT POOP

Had a radical idea to take Devlyn for a car ride so the vibrations would shake that poop out. It worked! And was much cleaner than you might be thinking.

We went to city hall and Mayor Devlyn pooped on the new phone book. Good job Devlyn! Big urate, semi formed brown stuff. She has been acting so energetic after that poop. Running around. Maybe the urate was from being ill plus medicine, probably.

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
DorgEndo":1hg3oy4u said:
POOOOOOOOOOOP!

WE GOT POOP

Yay!
I like that it was on a phone book! :lol: Every now and then we get one in the mail and it's like...why do they still make these? :?: (I know they're useful to some folks, but how many companies can you call to tell them to not waste resources sending them to you house?? It can't be a lucrative business...)

Also, that orange beard is AWESOME!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
MariosDad":3vfcinpu said:
Yay!
I like that it was on a phone book! :lol: Every now and then we get one in the mail and it's like...why do they still make these? :?: (I know they're useful to some folks, but how many companies can you call to tell them to not waste resources sending them to you house?? It can't be a lucrative business...)

Also, that orange beard is AWESOME!
103228-1375865494.jpg
Devlyn does have a pretty awesome orange beard

Here she is shortly before the poop. Phone book to lower left

Had her on my sweater with a hot pad tucked into the sweater. She was so nice to walk over to something else to poop ?

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn has been doing very well. Tomorrow will start another round of Panacur. Cleaning up every other day a big deep clean. There have been a few times where she seemed sleepy for the whole day. If dragons can even just be sleepy...not brumation not ill, just sleepy?
103228-5084739993.jpg
We've several car trips. Still not going to the bathroom all that often. Which seems normal for her, she usually only went 2 or 3 times a week. Going only 1 a week at most is a bit concerning. I've been feeding her much fewer bugs. One bug every other day at most. Even did a more risky trip leaving Devlyn in the car while I went to grab groceries. I was prepared to dig her out from under a seat, but she was easy to find...
103228-1142064343.jpg
Today Devlyn had a very stimulating day on the deck. It wasn't an ideal warm temperature, was same temperature inside as it was outside so I thought with the sun added it would be okay for a short thing. She crawled on the deck for about 35 minutes before I brought her back in (and she was not happy about it!). I'm telling you her ideal world is to life outside in perfect weather with someone to bring her bugs and salad.

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
DorgEndo":2dbxgats said:
Today Devlyn had a very stimulating day on the deck. It wasn't an ideal warm temperature, was same temperature inside as it was outside so I thought with the sun added it would be okay for a short thing. She crawled on the deck for about 35 minutes before I brought her back in (and she was not happy about it!).
She's going to start side-eying you if she thinks you're going out without her!!
DorgEndo":2dbxgats said:
I'm telling you her ideal world is to life outside in perfect weather with someone to bring her bugs and salad.
:lol: Sounds perfect!

I'm thinking of building a little outside pen for Mario when it warms up this summer, and he's a bit bigger. My daughter sat with him by the screen door the other day and he was pretty enthralled with the giant ball of light in the sky! :D

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
The first time Devlyn went outside she was super concerned
103228-3033723133.jpg
Look at those stress lines! ?

I took things very slow. My yard already has gardens and smaller areas that are easy to contain. Plus Devlyn was over 12 inches long so she was easy to spot. If she wasn't so big and fairly calm I would be keeping her 100% contained. We had already built up trust inside with some free roaming and she would let me pick her up without trying to run away. It's still a risk. I keep alert when I'm with her outside

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lol poor Dev! I took everyone outside today too! Tombo completely freezes up when he goes outside, but he doesn't get stressed like that, more so like... hypnotized?

It can definitely be scary for them to go out!

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom