Colors - as they age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Hi all!

I've noticed that Pushkin is getting considerably brighter as time goes on - he was brown and ready to shed when I got him, and he stayed yellowish-brown (see my signature) for a while after his shed… but this past week, it's like someone dunked him in orange paint!

344s9za.jpg

2eyyo8h.jpg

I was just wondering if their colors usually get brighter as they age or if they get duller? Pushkin is my first dragon, and I'm sooo curious about what he'll look like as an adult!
I'd love to see "before and after" pics of your dragons if you have them!

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
He's so handsome! I love his colors!

I can't help with your question though! We have only had ours a week now, and he's our first BD, but I'm anxious to know what he will look like later on, too!

cfjustin

Hatchling Member
Pushkin":20ct1pc0 said:
Hi all!

I've noticed that Pushkin is getting considerably brighter as time goes on - he was brown and ready to shed when I got him, and he stayed yellowish-brown (see my signature) for a while after his shed… but this past week, it's like someone dunked him in orange paint!

344s9za.jpg

2eyyo8h.jpg

I was just wondering if their colors usually get brighter as they age or if they get duller? Pushkin is my first dragon, and I'm sooo curious about what he'll look like as an adult!
I'd love to see "before and after" pics of your dragons if you have them!

Through out each shed will expose more vivid, brighter colors. Casper just shed his full body yesterday, and head today.
b938b3db58d0fc8cc5644c3d82e86d38.png

I'll update with an after picture, but he's more vivid. His whites are much more pale, and his green is more vivid.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
What a bunch of gorgeous dragons! That pic of Casper is awesome - I had to chime in on that. Beautiful!!!!!!!

I have two dragons, but only one I hav3 had since she was a baby. Her colour has changed throught her life, she began as a very grey colour, then went throigh a short phase of being tan with some green, the same colour in my username pic. Then after that phase, she went back to being grey again and has remained that way through her adulthood. She is basicslly a grey dragon with black sidebars.

They will fluctuate colour as they grow, and its not always shed related - mood and temperature and sunlight - those are major factors.

Bluesy goes almost pale white with deep black sidebars in the bath or in the sun. Lexi can be BRIGHT lemon yellow sometimes, and other times she csn be a rusty orangeish colour.

But yes, I think with age comes along both subtle or prounced change in colour. Some remain the same with little difference, and some really do transform into different shades and color. :)

Its kinda one of the REALLY cool things about dragons - to watch alllllllll the different changes, color and so much more. Its fun :)

Shrimpy12

Hi there. Pushkin looks like my Gizmo! He was a brown color as a baby and got brighter and brighter with each shed. His picture is my profile and signature. He was 6 months at the time. I bet your cutie will be similar in color. It's so much fun to see them change!

Jacqqui

Puskin is awesome!

A similar thing is going on with my Konner. He started out a regular brownish greyish colour. Now as he is getting older he has some oranges and yellow highlights, and on his sides there are blueish highlights. I figured something may change because even though I didn't buy him as a "morph" I did notice that all of his nails were clear, not black like normal. We shall see how it goes!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow, you're right, Pushkin's colors look so similar to Gizmo's! Pushkin is about to shed, probably within a few days, and I'm so anxious to see his colors underneath! His nose shed already and it's bright yellow - super cute compared to his gray body. :)

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
Here is my dragon Ember Rose change in color. She did lose some of her nice orange color as she got older. When she is nice and warmed up her color gets lighter and more yellow comes out.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies and photos in this thread! It's been fun to read!

I think today I answered my question - I'm not sure if Pushkin's colors changed because of a better environment/diet or age, but you can certainly see a difference!

n1ue80.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom