Color vs Emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Do beardys always show their emotions through their color?

For example... My boy acts like he hates bathing. He tries to crawl out, or crawl up my arm when I go to put him in or if i have my hand in there for him to grab onto, etc. Basically he wants out. Yet he always brightens up to his birghtest colors during bath time. I can tell when he is content/happy and he will be colorful, however his yellows arent real bright yellow, and his sidebars are more brown. During bathtime he is bright bright yellow and his sidebars turn lavender.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
I don't think it has much to do with emotions.

I actually think it's more temp based- like whether or not they are trying to absorb heat. Internal temp at that, so it's not always a clear indicator. Both my beardies tend to darken up a little when they are outside of their enclosure- EXCEPT, when in a nice warm bath. I think they also darken up a little when they go to bask, as though it's a way to get more heat out of the heat. Sinclair, especially, seems to be lightest & brightest when he's being super active- running around tank, etc. It seems to me that if heat is what gets them moving, blood moves faster, all systems go, etc- that him running around means he's pretty well warmed, hence the lighter color.

Maybe it's some combo of the two.
Now a black beard on the other hand....

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Are you checking the temperature of the water? If your beardie is jumping the water may be a little to hot.

Kazul

My Squirrel is always dark when she's in her enclosure unless it's feeding time. As soon as there's food, she brightens and goes scurrying. She's also really bright in color RIGHT after bathtime (she darkens when she's in the water), and she's the brightest in color right before bedtime when she falls asleep on my shoulder. She's happiest when she's cuddled up with her mama. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom