Color question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthKyrad

My dragons head and tail seem to be diffrent colors then the rest of her body. Her head is like a whitess gray and the rest of her body is normal colored then her tail is the same as her head. It dosn't look liked she had any shedding problems though. Any thoughts?

ikkie78

Juvie Member
Could she maybe be starting to shed. I've read here that beardies will shed different parts of their bodies separately. I'm not positive but doesn't the skin turn a duller color before a shed? I haven't gotten my beardie yet but have been soaking in all the info I can on here lately. If I am wrong could someone correct me if it could be something else. Thats just my thought.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
yep sounds like sheading time , Chimera is a weird sheader , his legs first, then head and tail , saves his body for last they look so funny! Just give plenty of warm baths.

AntiqueGem

Pheniox sheds strangely as well. Right now his head is white and has started to shed and half of his arms and his hands are white as well. He shed his feet about a week. It sounds like you beardie is somewhat the same :)

JayceeScott

fizban hasnt shed in a couple months but he usually starts with his head and works towards his tail. so yeah it sounds like its almost shedding time. your about to get a bigger dragon :)

Grommet

Hatchling Member
Hi Darth! Sounds like a shed to me as well. Just want to check and make sure your lighting is good, though. If your beardie isn't able to get good UVB and proper nutrition he'll retain his shed and the layers can actually build up on top of each other. Check the care sheets linked at the top of this site to double check your set up.

Kailin (Grommet's mom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom