Cold and grumpy ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure this post does not belong here and i'm sorry for that. was not sure where to put it.. but i just wanted to know how long is it okey to have the beardie out of his habitat ? Where i live it isn't very warm but i try to keep my apartment warm with not opening any windows when he's out and keep the heat on. But of course it's colder than his viv, so how long is it okey ? I don't want him to get too cold =/

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
What you can do is take his heat lamp from his tank and set up a basking spot while he's out, so if he gets cold he can go under his heat lamp :)

PicosParent

Hatchling Member
Just be sure your baby is also getting 8-10 hours per day under a UVB bulb. That is just important as the heat. There are so many health issues that are caused by improper lighting. It's so hard to leave them in the cage isn't it??? They are just too cute and cuddly to ignore!

Sollahlyns

Original Poster
PicosParent":3128cd4n said:
Just be sure your baby is also getting 8-10 hours per day under a UVB bulb. That is just important as the heat. There are so many health issues that are caused by improper lighting. It's so hard to leave them in the cage isn't it??? They are just too cute and cuddly to ignore!

How long should they be sleeping? And how long do they have to have the light on? Mine seems to want to sleep all day and all night :/ keep thinking the light is bothering him

PicosParent

Hatchling Member
They need about 10-12 hours under the UVB light and heat per day. I have mine on timers from 7:00 am-7:00pm. Be sure to have a tube light and not the coil type, that is bad for their eyes. Repti-sun 10 is a very good light to use. What temperature is the warm side of your tank?

Sollahlyns

Original Poster
PicosParent":1diifxio said:
They need about 10-12 hours under the UVB light and heat per day. I have mine on timers from 7:00 am-7:00pm. Be sure to have a tube light and not the coil type, that is bad for their eyes. Repti-sun 10 is a very good light to use. What temperature is the warm side of your tank?

Warm side is 95. He really dosent go there :/ just stays in his cave in the shade

PicosParent

Hatchling Member
How old is your baby and what are you feeding him? Is he getting veggies and crickets with calcium? the UVB light and calcium are both very important to keep them active and healthy.

Sollahlyns

Original Poster
PicosParent":1yyzjkbq said:
How old is your baby and what are you feeding him? Is he getting veggies and crickets with calcium? the UVB light and calcium are both very important to keep them active and healthy.

He's gettin veggies.. But does not eat alot of them. Where i live it's really hard and expencive to get crickets, but i try to get him canned if i dont fint alive.
He's almost 2 years old and he mostly eats cucumber(for water) butternut sqash, dandelions and dandelions greens. Where i live we cant get mustard greens or collard greens :(

PicosParent

Hatchling Member
Did you know you could order the crickets and super worms on line? Do a search, there are many vendors. It is kind of scary to feed bugs you find outside as you have no idea if the have eaten anything with poison that could make your baby sick. So many people use weed killers, bug spray etc and it can transfer to your baby.
If you do not have a good UVB light, your dragon could be grumpy because they are depressed and suffering for bone disease problems. It is crucial you have UVB light and keep it at the recommended distance and change the bulb every 6 months. Again, you can order them cheaper on line.
We just ordered 1000 crickets and 1000 superworms for $50.00 with shipping included!!! that is so much cheaper than the pet store charging $5.00 for 50!!! You MUST be feeding your dragon bugs with the calcium powder and keep him under UVB. If you start doing those things, you will have a much healthier, happier dragon in a very short time.
Take a big plastic container, put air holes in the top, pour some uncooked oat meal in to the container for the worms and one or two of the orange cubes you also use for crickets and the worms will survive for quite a long time. Add the orange cubes as needed to keep them fed and healthy...a healthy, nutritional bug = a healthy, nutrition balanced dragon :)
My older dragon is very ill right now and it is because he had improper care for the first 8 years of his life, the vet said it caught up with him. the previous owners kept him on sand (big no no) and had NO UVB bulb or proper heat light. They just used a purple night bulb!!!! They had no business even owning him as the care was so improper and now he is suffering from it. I am nursing him along and praying he gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom