Coco fiber fly issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonesz203

Couldn't find an appropriate place to post this so if there is a correct location please move if necessary. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue before. I have a gargoyle gecko on cox fiber and it stays moist most of the time and no matter what I do I can't prevent some type of fly from breeding. My dart frogs and my crested gecko are also having this issue and I need to scrap it fast so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Sorry this isn't about a dragon but I figured I'd ask

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Are they maybe fungus gnats? I have these due to one of my snake setups.

I think I have read about people dealing with them with using nematodes and predatory mites in animal enclosures with live soil substrates. The dart frogs I imagine could just eat the flies but you may need to considered alternative substrates to the coco husk. Unfortunately since you can't use chemicals you need to eliminate the breeding conditions for the flies and even still they might come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom