closing eyes, video

Status
Not open for further replies.

theclub83

Hatchling Member
Hello, please put my mind to ease. Walter is closing his eyes sometimes while under his basking light. I think/hope its its shedding related (his right back leg is shedding). He has been puffing his eyes out and never keeps them closed for long. Even alternatng between eyes. This doesn't happen all day long. Reptisun 10.0 and small 45 Watt flood light that are consistently 108-110. He is about eight inches from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM3SF4KwYw8&feature=youtube_gdata

Also Ive had him for 5 days the first three days he pooped but yesterday and today nothing. Gave him a bath every night and even gently rubbed his stomach tonight. He's had crickets(small), nibbles of salad(dandylion greens), and a few wax worms as a treat. When should I start getting concerned? He seems really happy with a creamy white stomach and bright orange arms most the time.

Thank you for any replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am pretty sure that it will be an upcoming shed on his head, especially if he is closing them off & on & eye bulging, too. Your lighting is fine, the distance is perfect & you are using a bright white light directly beside it so there should not be any eye damage occuring with that setup at all.
So, no worries. His eyes do not appear irritated or puffy from what I can tell from the little video.

How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

theclub83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes up close his eyes look very clear no sign of irritation. He eat over ten small crickets each day, probably over 20 today. Phoenix worms are coming tomarow. He's an amazing little guy, I guess I'm paranoid.

Thank you

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No question or concern is ever silly though. Since you are a new owner, it is hard to determine what is a normal behavior or what could be the lighting anymore, with so many lights causing some eye problems lately.
He seems to have a good appetite. He will start eating even more for you soon. Make sure to offer him food 2-3 times per day, to give him ample opportunity to get enough to eat during the day.

Tracie

theclub83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks for the reply. hopefully when i get home there will be a late christmas gift for me. how are crickets as far as impaction is concerned? seems like alot of exoskeleton and boney legs. ill probably keep the phoenix worms going and use crickets between (i live real close to a petco).

anyways thanks. Walter says thanks too.

theclub83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Walter you complete me.

I came home to this
2010-01-05%2017.55.19.jpg

Not only did he shed like a champ he had a awesome poop right into his bath, of course this is after enjoying 20 pheonix worms(he went nuts for). He was splashing around having a good time! I'm so happy and proud.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom