Closed Left Eye? (sometimes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey again..

Why does it seem like Leo's always the hassle?! Sage is doing, well, perfect, except for the fact that for some reason, she doesn't look like a beardie haha..

Well.. For some reason, Leo's been closing his left eye a litttle bit sometimes.. Yes, they are separated now.

As for the usual questions on his set up to try to help..
24" ReptiSun 10.0 UVB bulb.
100 Watt Sun Glo tight beam basking lamp.
Substrate - Reptile Carpet.
Couple of logs that he likes to run in circles on, and bask on.
He is 6 1/2 months old (sorry i said 7 and a half before, I got my months mixed up x__x)
He is still in a 20 gallon tank... I know, I'm getting him out ASAP. My dad is a welder and good with his hands, so he is building leo and sage their own tanks.. they will be.. 48"long x 18"wide x 16"high.. So about a 60 Breeder I would say?
I do not have an exct humidity gauge in thei tanks, I have way too many in my cresteds tanks because they need high humidity, but they're sprayed one or two times a day, so it's not too high.

I feed with crickets normally, always dusted. I supplement with Phoenix Worms and Butterworms some times. Also when I can get them, They get Horned Worms.. I want to ge Silkworms, but I can't find anywhere around me that has them cheap enough wher I can get just a couple t see if they'll like them before I buy a bulk an find out they go "Ughhh get it away!"..

If there's anything I'm missing that you need to know, please let me know,and Thanks to everyone for your help in advance.

Ashlet007

Your beardie could just have a piece of sand in his eye, which may get out on it's own or require some sort of drop.

If you notice any swelling of his eye take him to the vet right away! The same thing happened to my bearded dragon and it turned out to be an abscess behind his eye. I noticed something was wrong because he kept closing one of his eyes.

I hope this helped!

KrazYKinetiK

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, but the only problem i see.. is he's never come in contact with sand.. o_o..

I keep him on reptile carpet, and the crickets in reptibark lol

Ashlet007

Oh sorry, I didn't see the part about the reptile carpet lol.

Anyway, as long as there isn't any swelling I think he'll be ok

We were having the same thing with Athena. Her left was was always closed. I called our herp vet and she said a little saline to wash out her eye would help. We tried it and now Athena is always bright eyed. A little saline in a clean dropper should do the trick but make sure the dropper is sterile. It's best to use a glass dropper as they are easier to disinfect.

KrazYKinetiK

Original Poster
Perfect! thank you! i'll try this as soon as i can, probably on wednesday, since it's so late tonight, and i have school until 7 p.m. on tuesdays and thursdays..

I actually use contacts.. so.. would that type of saline work? and if so, could i jsut administer it through the thing that it's in?

thanks again!
Pat

Just make sure that it's pure regular saline. I don't know if there are any additives in contact saline solution.
I just go to the drug store and get the bottle that just says Saline solution. Check the "ingrediants" on your contact solution.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
KrazYKinetiK":2ad96 said:
Perfect! thank you! i'll try this as soon as i can, probably on wednesday, since it's so late tonight, and i have school until 7 p.m. on tuesdays and thursdays..

I actually use contacts.. so.. would that type of saline work? and if so, could i jsut administer it through the thing that it's in?

thanks again!
Pat

I also wear contacts and I was asking Tracie (drache613) about if my (gas permable) contact solutions would work and she said yes it's o.k. as long as it's sterile. So if you accidentally touched the dropper tip with your hand or something else, it wouldn't work. That was when it was suggested to get soft contact solution. You could double check with Tracie if you want to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom