Close to Hatching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so tomorrow will be the 60 day mark from when my female laid her eggs. Of the 13, 7 had looked good. Now it looks like 3 are in good shape still, the others are iffy. I have one that is 2" long, and 2-3x the size of the others, I'm excited to see what that's all about. The large one has begun to darken, is that a sign of it getting close to hatching? It's not yellowing, just becoming darker. Then the other two that look the most promising are still white. All 3 are round and full.

Here's the mommy
(young and old)
Image0184.jpg

weasel.jpg

and the daddy
(he's flippin huge, I'll have to track down a measuring tape)
tiberium.jpg

sweeteagurl2008

Original Poster
Any kind of help/answer would be nice. Or perhaps there is another post that covers this that someone could post a link to?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
It is possible. Just remember to not throw any out. I had a clutch that hatched at the 71st day and two hatched at the 83rd day. Good luck and a picture helps to better assist you.

sweeteagurl2008

Original Poster
Here's a pic. I'm not holding my breath for most of them. I'm wondering if I needed to add more moisture. I didn't even look in the incubator for the first month-month in a half because I was under the impression that if any light reached them that they would die. However I've learned otherwise. But yeah, you can see that the one on the bottom is easily 2 times the size of the other two and at around 2" in length. That's the one that's begun to look dark inside. I had candled that one before and saw TONS of veins in it. But yeah, I'm on day 61 now and sitting at the edge of my seat to see if at least one hatches :banghead: . I've only been successful with hatching one before, and she was from a different pair of parents.

eggs.jpg

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
hun you need the ones that have decayed out of there asap. you dont want to spred anything. the ones that are compleatly sunken in and look really badly coloured. even if you put them in a seprate container . theres 3 or 4 i can see that look o.k .good luck x

sidandsasha

Hi there,
Just to let you know that my eggs started hatching at day 96 and the ninth baby was born on day 100. We had almost given up hope. Good luck!

sweeteagurl2008

Original Poster
ok, I've removed the sunken in discolored ones and two of them had begun to grow mold on them. So me being the wishful thinker I am, I did place them in a separate container. Thank you for your help. I'm just super anxious about that large one, it looks like that's the most likely to have a baby come out. At least, that's what I'm thinking the darkening of the inside means? It doesn't look rotten, just dark. Is that normal? Does anyone have pictures of how their eggs looked RIGHT before they hatched?

These are the ones I removed
eggs2.jpg

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
the egg at the bottom the massive one looks just like my friends did, i think it was just to much water or not enough calcuim , ither way it dosnt matter now.look through the breeders discussions and you will see loads of pics just b4 hatching. they look like the one sunken in in the centre but defo not he right colour though . and the two at the top look fine, i think you still might get three babys there, all keep everythng crossed for you. :D you did the right thing removing some.

sweeteagurl2008

Original Poster
I'm just wondering why that one egg is SO large compaired to the others. They were all laid the same day within 3 hours. I know this because I woke up to Weasel laying them on my stomach lol. I don't think that eggs could have ever been more freshly set in an incubator. But yeah, I just can't figure out why that one is so different from all the rest. Also so far no change, except the top far right one seems like it may be more full than the other day.

sweeteagurl2008

Original Poster
I HAVE A BABY! :love5: :love5: :love5: The largest egg hatched overnight!!!! I'm so excited! I saw that the egg was deflated and then there was this itty bitty laying on one of the other eggs. However it wasn't breathing, and the yolk sac is still kinda large on him. But I touched his back leg and he kicked me! I'm so excited!!!! Oh and the egg in the picture to the right of his has filled out and regained a nicer color as well. :laughing6:

(s)He's already showing his mommy's red on his/her back, I can't wait to see what the colors turn out to be since his dad is a Luscistic and the mom is a Hypo Tangerine x Germain Giant mix. (s)He's just so tiny!!!!

Photo0120.jpg

Photo0117.jpg

UPDATE: Ok so the little one is a spittin image of its mom. However I can see some gray/white pattern on his back that looks like it might be from the dad. Certainly has its mommy's personality! Which is great and what I was hoping for.

sweeteagurl2008

Original Poster
Thank you all!! :D If only my computer would load my hotmail account :? I could load the pictures then. It's so cute!! And definately takes after mommy. I can see some of the tangerine along its back and around his ear. Another egg looks like it may hatch in a week or so. The top right one in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom