Close to 14"...1.5" superworms OK to feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
Razz is just under 14" n2tt.

Yesterday, my son missunderstood what I said and fed him about 10 supers. He had not had more than 2 or 3 in a serving before that. The largest supers in there are pretty skinny, maybe 1/3 or 1/4 the size around of the super large ones they sell at Petsmart if that helps? LOL

The longest ones are 1.5" and most average about 1". After yesterday we worried all night about impaction etc. This morning he pooped just fine, and we did not find even a hint of a shell in it (yes, we looked carefully LOL) so he digested I think a total of 13-15 of those yesterday, as he had 3 or 4 in the morning and then about 10 later in the day.

He has been on meds and is now, just yesterday seeming to really get his appetite back :blob5:
We gave him 6 or 7 of the supers and 8 or 9 of the tiny hornworms today (The horns have not had time to grow larger yet).

He has been standing in his bowl and watching us for more. I don't want to empty out our horn container today! LOL Unless I have to...

So, how many of these supers are safe to give him in one feeding, and how many supers total in a day for his size?
He was 122 grams a few days ago and today he is 139 :mrgreen: When he first started meds on June 14th he was 74 grams and only gained 20 in 2 months, so we are happy to see him finally start eating!

Thank you and please forgive such a long post for a simple question! LOL I just wanted to share :blob5: :mrgreen: :headbang:

~Sherri

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as they are not the full grown supers they should be ok to feed. The smaller 1 inch supers are much skinnier and easier to pass through the GI so all should be good there. As long as your not feeding the huge 2 inch ones.

Sorry I don't know how much you should feed, I don't have very much experience feeding the small ones to younger dragons, I did a couple times it times of dubia drought and all turned out fine though.

-Brandon

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Brandon :)
I know you feed supers as a majority staple...
He is staring out the glass for more and I don't want to do it until I know it is OK LOL

We got them 10-12 days ago. We ordered small. He ate 2 finally after the first few days and then would not give them a second look until yesterday. Now he wants to eat everything LOL

He is on a *dubia deprivation* diet for a week or so LOL> He has not wanted anything to do with them and my colony is booming :roll: So I am hoping once he sees them in a week or so he will want them again....a girl can hope :mrgreen:

Thanks again,
Sherri

Gail

BD.org Addict
I would stick with 10 per feeding for now, give it a few days to make sure all is passing well then you can start to increase how many he gets at once.
I took more pond pictures sherri, I will have a new thread up in a few :p

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Gail":ntkv3s1t said:
I would stick with 10 per feeding for now, give it a few days to make sure all is passing well then you can start to increase how many he gets at once.
I took more pond pictures sherri, I will have a new thread up in a few :p

Thanks Gail! Oh, he has 3 feeding a day if he is getting back on schedule. I don't think he would eat 10 at 3 feedings, but in case...would you say 20-30 per day is fine until he is back on dubia?

GREAT! I will keep checking for your new pics! I will be putting a couple of Razz up soon but they won't be as cool as your pond pics LOL Just pics showing that he may finally after 3 months be getting better :mrgreen:

Thanks again!
Sherri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom