Climbing the walls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

themamaj

I have a 4 year old male dragon that is housed in a 40B. T5 Reptisun strip light with reflector, 75 watt incandescent bulb. Basking temp 95-98. Cool side stays 79-82. Eats well and just got a great check up from wellness exam at vet. One thing I mentioned to vet but we didn't get a chance to talk much about was his glass climbing. Usually later in the day he goes through an intense period of clawing the back wall to death and climbing on anything he can. He gets outside time every day and also supervised time in room out of tank to give him plenty of exercise. He also gets daily baths. I have tried adding all kinds of rock for him to climb, different wood pieces. He has a stone cave to climb and also have tried a lizard hammock. Nothing seems to help. Is this just bottled up energy and really wanting to spend more time out of tank? Right now I can't get a bigger tank but may look into that. It is quite concerning to see him do this. I have only had him about a month. He has had some since arrival but it seems more intense at times. Really would appreciate an ideas to help him.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Sadly, a 40B actually isn't quite big enough. You'll need to upgrade as soon as you can, preferably to a 4x2x2. In the meantime, just keep doing what you are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom